“Great new addition to the neighbourhood”
Review of The Bootlegger

The Bootlegger
Ranked #2 of 150 Nightlife in Bristol
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Opened in Bristol in April 2014 - The Bristol Bootlegger - Prohibition inspired Performance and Cocktails - The accessible speakeasy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great new addition to the neighbourhood”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I'm so glad to find this great new bar in Bristol. Its a proper grown-ups bar with no hint of pretension and with a really friendly vibe given off by staff and customers alike. I shall look forward to many more evenings here.
Their food is damn good as well.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

It's the simple things, great booze, food, and atmosphere, they even have live music nearly every night. The other thing which is important if you like to sit outside is they have a great beer garden in the back. However the most important thing above all here is that these guys are really friendly and seem to have a gift of making all welcome! I've only been once, but I'll be back, am in danger of becoming a regular!

Bristol
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Brunch Visit”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We came across this place via Twitter - pretty new to the Bristol scene. We checked out the menu online and instead of our usual indecision we decided to visit on Saturday for a lateish lunch.

The bar is not overly large has several sofas at the front with large opening windows onto the pavement. Its located at the very top of Cheltenham Road so there is alot of choice around the area. Think the Bootlegger wil hold its own.

We had 2 American breakfasts and a coffee to drink. The portions aren't huge but what we had was good value £7.50 and very tasty too.

A HUGE plus (for us anyhow) is that the kids could have child sized portions of the regular (adult) menu. Such a refreshing change instead of the standard usual suspects + chips! Kids had Blueberry pancakes and a child sized American Breakfast - good portions & great value at £3.50.

So our overall view was the place is well worth a second or third visit - burgers maybe next time!

1 Thank Roly_33
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good food but a little odd overall!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Went to the Bootlegger on Sunday evening (arrived at around 7.30pm). I'm not expecting a bar or restaurant to be buzzing at 7.30pm on a Sunday, but the atmosphere was a little odd - a large group of friends gathered in the doorway, and no-one else in the rest of the place.
We sat and looked at the menu - limited but enough choice. Once we had decided on our food, I went up to order. The bartender wasn't 100% sure if they were still serving food but we got the green light to order.
My partner had the Pulled Pork Sliders (which oddly came as one burger - needs to be specified!) and I had the Hawaiian Halloumi burger (advertised as the chef's special halloumi crunch, which turned out to be deep fried halloumi! Not complaining as it was lovely but wasn't that clear on the menu). Food seemed fresh and good quality. Would be good to have a station where you can get sauces etc.
The drinks we had (Cloudy Bristol and Dark and Stormy) were good - the mixer flavours did overpower the taste of the alcohol though!
Barman called James was very polite and cheery, so good service all round.
A few changes to the menu to accurately reflect the current food and descriptions would be helpful! The whole visit lasted only about 35 minutes due to speed of food - but also slight lack of atmosphere! I'm sure this would have been a very different atmosphere on a Friday or Saturday night - we will be back to see what these nights have to offer!

1 Thank RJG29
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Bootlegger is most definitely the place to go!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I love this place! I've only been twice, but the warmth with which I was received on my 2nd visit made me feel like a highly valued customer. The staff are so friendly and jovial, it's infectious and makes the venue come alive.
The owner was working behind the bar on both of my visits, he clearly has a huge amount of pride in his business and it shows in the high quality of food and service (The burger was delicious). I cannot say enough nice things about this place. I'm looking forward to going for Brunch one lazy afternoon and to sampling more cocktails on a busy weekend. There is so much on offer here, that each visit will hold yet more enjoyable surprises.

Visited May 2014