Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Fun way to explore Bristol.

If you're a fairly active type who likes to explore and try new things, there's no better way to... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
James A
Bristol, United Kingdom
via mobile
A Great Adventure

Took my first ever paddle with them and what a great adventure with in 15 mins I was up on the... read more

Reviewed 11 December 2018
davereeder2017
Bristol, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Bristol
from US$163.21
from US$326.42
from US$163.21
More Info
All reviews taster session paddle boarding great instructor great fun stand up paddle board different perspective harbour tour brilliant morning clear instructions cottage inn hour session ss great britain own pace fun experience these guys stag do work colleagues
Reviewed 23 August 2015

I booked this for my friend's Hen Party as a bit of a gamble. We arrived with some trepidation but were quickly put at ease by Kate (the instructor). We had so much fun and it really isn't as difficult as it looks! We were a group of healthy but not particularly sporty/fit girls and none of us had any difficulty physically - though we were all stiff the next day! It was a really wonderful, fun experience with a great instructor who did an amazing job and had thought of everything. She had even learned our names within about 5mins of meeting us! I would thoroughly recommend SUP Bristol.

Date of experience: August 2015
SUP B, Owner at SUP Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2015

Thanks for the feedback. It's really appreciated. Kate is indeed amazing with names. Tim :)

Reviewed 3 August 2015

A group of 20 of my work pals went along for an evening taster session and we all had a fantastic time. The three guides/instructors were wonderful .. very patient, smiling all the time and really enjoying themselves while making us feel so comfortable. We all had smiles on our faces and had a great time. All of us were able to stand following their instruction .. I look forward to giving it another go sometime soon. I recommend this for a group social or as a couple, family or single. A really lovely atmosphere. Thanks guys.

Date of experience: July 2015
SUP B, Owner at SUP Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2015

Hi James. Great to see you again with the club. We look forward to seeing you again in the spring!

Reviewed 30 June 2015

I Booked this for a fun morning with a mate whilst our other halves shopped. We both have done a little bit of paddling in the past but not standing up so this was a bit of an unknown.
Kate our guide for the session was friendly and helpful , gave good and simple safety advice ( and polite reminders when required ) showed us the basics - paddling kneeling and then standing ( very gingerly at first ) and then took us off down the harbour towards the centre of the city . I can highly recommend SUP as a way to see a different side of Bristol - even if you know the city fairly well as I do. The waterway is very busy but everyone we saw was very friendly to us "small fry " even the water taxis and bigger boats.
The water was pleasantly warm on the day and free from debris or obvious pollution so the inevitable dunking when you get over confident wasn't a chore
Refreshments were provided halfway in and then we paddled back up - against the wind which was a bit harder.
Overall a highly recommended 1/2 day of fun on the water, I would reccomend
people be of a reasonable level of fitness for this - although I don't suppose it's the sort of thing the elderly or infirm would book anyway.
I will certainly be back for more - probably with the same mate as he really enjoyed it too!

Date of experience: June 2015
SUP B, Owner at SUP Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2015

Thanks for this! Glad you loved it and are keen to come back :)

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Our group of 9 guys took an afternoon stand up paddleboarding session in Bristol. Arranging was easy, staff was very helpful and flexible in fixing a time for our group prior to the activity in e-mail. After a short briefing by Tim we went on the river. Two staff members were always with us making sure everyone was safe. We paddled to the center, played some games in a calm part of the river. It took about 2 hours and had a very good time. Highly reccommended activity if you are looking for something different than just a boat ride on the river.

Ps. We did get wet and jumped into water. It was not an issue even though the water was not warm at all. You can stay dry on the paddleboard, but it takes a little practise not to fall. There are changing facilities and shower. Bring flip-flops to walk from the changing room to the boards.

Date of experience: May 2015
SUP B, Owner at SUP Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Hi Balazs, Thanks for the great review. We're glad you and the guys enjoyed the session!

One of the great things about SUP is it can be as wet or as dry as you like. Want to stay dry? We'll help you make it happen. If you want to learn more advanced skills and get wet we'll kit you up in a brand new wetsuit so you can learn without fear.

Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went on the Monday evening taster session tonight and had an amazing time. Neither of us had ever tried paddleboarding before but we both absolutely loved it thanks to Tim and Kate. It was completely relaxed but brilliant fun. We packed spare clothes but neither of us went in (phew!). Such a lovely way to spend an evening and travel along the water! Honestly can't praise Tim and Kate enough, they made us both feel completely at ease, were great teachers and so easy to get along with. Wish we lived closer so we could come again! Thank you!

Date of experience: May 2015
SUP B, Owner at SUP Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Thanks for the fantastic review guys! It was really lovely to meet you both. Do let us know if you're back in Bristol any time and fancy a paddle!