Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Fun way to explore Bristol.

If you're a fairly active type who likes to explore and try new things, there's no better way to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
James A
Bristol, United Kingdom
via mobile
A Great Adventure

Took my first ever paddle with them and what a great adventure with in 15 mins I was up on the... read more

Reviewed 11 December 2018
davereeder2017
Bristol, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Bristol
from US$165.97
from US$331.94
from US$165.97
More Info
All reviews taster session paddle boarding great instructor great fun stand up paddle board different perspective harbour tour clear instructions cottage inn hour session ss great britain a great evening own pace fun experience these guys stag do work colleagues
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Being a Bristolian myself I'm always looking for new ways to see the city and this certainly ticks all the boxes. From the moment you turn up you receive a warm and friendly welcome, go through a thorough but not onerous safety and technique briefing, and it's off onto the water. Our instructor was excellent and managed the different levels of skill and confidence superbly. It was a well planned route which enabled us to see Bristol's harbourside from the water which was excellent, and even falling in a few times didn't dampen the spirits. Will definitely be doing it again!

1  Thank 224tristanf
Reviewed 9 October 2016

My daughter bought us a session with SUP in Bristol Harbour, and what fun it ended up being! I am older, and not too agile, but our instructor Nick was excellent, calm and informative! Yes I fell in a few times, but helped back onto the board I was soon able to stay up for quite a while, my daughter much more competent!
Great fun, something completely different, and great a instructor.
A great way to spend a morning!

1  Thank DarrelExmoor
Reviewed 9 October 2016

I had always fancied a go at SUP and as we were going on holiday to Lake Annecy I thought I’d take the kids to do the beginners taster session to see if we all liked it. After completing the simple online booking form, we turned up to the Harbourside on a beautiful summer evening to be met by our instructor Toni. Along with me and my two teenage kids there were a pair of female friends, a pair of male friends and a woman who had done some SUP before. For the rest of us though it was our first time.
After a bit of basic on-land instruction we set off and went into the Cumberland Basin to practice some manoeuvres. We all then set off down the harbour past all the Bristol landmarks like SS Great Britain and The Matthew, which were great to see from the water.
The instruction was pitched just right – relaxed, not at all patronising, just let you get on with it but a few tips when needed and always happy to answer questions.
The water was surprisingly warm and much cleaner than it was a few years ago, but only one person fell in (and that was when my son crashed in to her!!) so chances of staying dry are pretty high.
Overall, this is a great way to introduce yourself to this pastime. In fact we enjoyed it so much we bought a second hand board from them the next day to take on holiday and loved using it on the Lake.
A friendly and professional outfit. Definitely to be recommended.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Had a great time. Great instructors. Hope to do it again sometime. I fell in a few times. There was 12 of us and 2 fell in. I was trying to go to fast... the water was not cold. I found it relaxing. U dont have to be superfit to join in the fun.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

I arranged a team social for 10 of us and SUP did not disappoint! The session itself was brilliant, a mix of games and free paddling, with clear instruction and oversight from Kate throughout. We got a lovely tour of Bristol (with some local facts thrown in!) and everyone really enjoyed it. The organisation and equipment was perfect. Thank you guys!

Date of experience: September 2016