“Great meal wonderful view”
Review of Riverstation

Riverstation
Ranked #20 of 1,579 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$17 - US$74
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waxhaw, NC
“Great meal wonderful view”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I wanted to go for a nice sit down dinner, always a little concerned when it is presented as an ala carte menu, but for this restaurant I think that meant no starter or dessert. My daughter had a wonderful steak and I had the. Rabbit both served with veggies and potatoes. They had wonderful freshly made breads. We enjoyed a glass of wine. The view of the harbor was beautiful and the atmosphere was lovely. Our meal was about £40 I thought it was reasonable for what we had. There is a kitchen bar option on the lower level for lower price option still with views of the harbor.

• Greek first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not a great experience and we didn't even get to eat!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

So our office decided to go enjoy the sunshine and have a nice lunch an Riverstation was obvious choice as it is right next to our office.
We were going to book but we thought as it was 11:50 we would miss the lunchtime rush. We walked in- no one stopped to great us so we ended up finding our own seats. There were eight of us with possibly another person joining so we put three of the small, round tables together (outside) to make sure there was enough room for us. The waiter brought over three menus (!!) and left us to it. We were interested in the lunchtime deal which was advertised outside, no one came over so we had to hunt a waiter down and were informed it was only in the restaurant upstairs. We traipsed upstairs and asked if we could have a table and were told "NO. they are booked". I would expect an "oh I'm very sorry but we are fully booked" not a rather blunt NO. We ventured back downstairs only to have the waiter tell us we weren't allowed to take up three tables for our party. I tried to explain that we couldn't comfortably fit 8 possibly 9 people around two small round tables but he pretty much ignored us and continued to make us sit on two which was a little cramped. We waited for 10 minutes and no one came to speak to us, the waitress walked past us repeatedly despite me trying to flag her down twice so we got up and left. We went to the spy glass, sat outside comfortably and spent over £300 and had a very nice, if slightly simple meal.
Was not impressed by the service at all considering the place was 3/4s empty and we were there for over 20 minutes without being attended to. Also I do not expect to be told I have to squish up on a tiny table with multiple people when the place isn't even busy!
It might not sound like a big deal but it was pretty frustrating to the point where we just wanted to leave.

2 Thank Alice E
Gloucester
“Great Setting”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We only had drinks here as we had eaten before we found this place and we wished we had waited having looked at what was being served for lunch. Its a great waterside location, the place is very modern and the service was very good. Food looked good and we will return to try it out soon!

Bristol
“A banker”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Awesome.
Ate upstairs, couldn't fault the service.
Less informal eating situated downstairs.
Starter: Had the wild rabbit ravioli (£8), my partner the baked crotin goats cheese (£7.50)
Mains: pan fried halibut (£19), my partner the risotto with pumpkin (£14.50)
Had a couple of glasses of the house red.
So full we could only share the artisan cheeses between us (£6.50)
Great food and great locale.
Perfect.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank fatboyslimfast1
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I ate at Riverstation yesterday as part of a large-ish party to celebrate a birthday. I took my two children who ate for free meaning that I fed and watered us for about £15 - an absolute bargain.

However, the main point I wished to make was that the service I received was absolutely outstanding. My hands were full with my 18 month old boy and catching up with old friends but our waitress did everything she could to help and make my visit as pleasant and as trouble-free as possible. For example, she made sure my boy got his meal cooked first so that it could cool down before it was served.

We all went home very happy!