“Fair choice of latin food”
Review of Las Iguanas

Las Iguanas
Ranked #69 of 1,652 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I like that has a selection of food from various latinAmerican countries however is overpriced and the tables are quite close together and some tenders are very pretty but not too friendly.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Came for dinner and a catch up - started out with some lovely cocktails - shame I was driving though so I couldn't partake in the 2 for 1 offer!
Awesome menu - so much choice!!
Great staff, who quickly replaced one of our starters as my friend found a hair in it - we all work in hospitality so we know these things happen sometimes and you can't always help it! But it was dealt with very well - the waitress obviously told the manager, who later on in our meal came over to personally apologise - a great touch.
We stayed long after our meal, chatting away and were not made to feel at all in the way - sorry if we kept you late!!
Overall a fab place to eat and drink, we'll definitely be back!!

1  Thank Vicky T
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Visited here for lunch on Saturday 28th June. Table of 4.
We ordered off the lunch menu and the portions were still pretty big. We had a starter of nachos and chorizo in a red wine sauce, followed by mains of best and bean burger, steak tortas and 2 of us had the chilli con carne. All were delicious and the staff very friendly and helpful. With drinks and meals for 4 the bill was £45, which we thought was very good value and would eat here again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Firstly and to make clear, I love the food at Las Iguanas and this review is in no terms a criticism in that area.

I visited last night with a friend and enjoyed a nice meal, however I had to comment on the dysfunctional bar setup which leads to queues lasting 10 minutes+ when simply trying to get a beer.

The outdoor seating is substantial, however the restaurant does not extend their table service to the outdoors, therefore the small, under-staffed and overly-busy indoor bar serves three purposes:

- Outdoor food orders
- Outdoor regular drink orders
- Outdoor cocktail orders

The consequence is that cocktail orders delay a member of staff for up to 10 minutes at a time, food orders of course take a little time as well and subsequently those only wanting a beer have to wait in line in a very unconventional bar-queue.

It simply doesn't work. Las Iguanas should use logic and common sense to split the bar into two stations, one for cocktails, one for regular drinks. They should then extend their table service to serve outdoor tables as well, therefore freeing the bar to do what it's designed to do, to serve drinks.

Please improve the above Las Iguanas, else you'll loose clientèle such as myself that enjoy the atmosphere and food, but severely dislike waiting 10 minutes for a pint.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I/ we come here several times a year and have loved it, Father's Day was a let down. We came for pre dinner drinks bar man was excellent, he was Spanish and was very friendly. Sat down for dinner and two bottles if wine I wanted had sold out, so opted for Pino as a last resort!
Elvin was our waiter and seemed new. After 20 minutes our drinks still hadn't arrived so gave him a nudge, bar manager came over and was very apologetic and told the truth. They put out drinks order on someone else's! I laughed as I thought ...well done you for not coming out with the usual... We are soooo busy!
Gave me and my husband a complementary glass if wine, so customer service good to an extent, food was good and I always have tapas but went for the bouritto. Which was yummy!
Just felt when we left I that it wasn't the same and can't put my finger in it.. Just felt they are getting bigger and just don't want this restaurant to lose its good vibe and service.
I will be back. Just HATE waiting for drinks! Lol