“Great food and ambience”
Review of Myristica Restuarant - MOVED

Myristica Restuarant
Price range: US$32 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bristol's Myristica, has set out with the aim of giving their customers 'a truly authentic flavour of Indian food'. The experience begins with the restaurant itself. Modern, sleek and good looking from the polished hard wood floors to the gleaming marble bar the interior surely wouldn't be out of place in a top Mumbai hotel. The food follows suit, beautifully presented, each dish is made to order using quality, seasonal ingredients. With traditional street food cooked with as much passion as the speciality family dishes Myristica is rewriting the Indian food rule book.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great food and ambience”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We live 2 minutes' walk from the restaurant, and after checking out the online reviews decided to give it a go. Te ambience is good, fine for Date Night but also good for groups of friends or family. The service was attentive and friendly, though it dropped off a bit once the restaurant filled up. Really excellent food, hot and fresh and cooked with attention to detail. Good value too. A real class act - go!

• Visited June 2014
Amit L, General Manager at Myristica Restuarant, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you fro taking the time to write about your dining experience with us and I am glad you enjoyed our style of cooking.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, friendly staff and lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We booked a table for Myristica during a short break in Bristol in June 2014. We ended up wanting to dine around an hour earlier than we had booked a table for so took a stroll down to the restaurant and after a very friendly greeting from the staff, they advised that this would not be a problem. We were quickly seated once a table had been prepared for us and our drinks orders were taken swiftly – It has to be Tiger Beer with a curry!
The papadums and dips were really tasty and it was nice to have a bit of variety compared to the same old offerings from other Indian restaurants. It was just difficult not to eat too many as I wanted to save room for the main!
For main I had the Pista Murgh as unfortunately my mouth is not a fan of too much spice but this curry had so much richness and flavour I certainly wasn’t disappointed with my mild choice! I had mine with garlic rice, shared a naan bread with my partner and the portions were a very good size. My partner ordered the Vindaloo which was VERY HOT but the waiter had advised with when he ordered and although spicy he did thoroughly enjoy his meal. I dipped my finger into his sauce and it was far too hot for me but the flavours were amazing.
This restaurant is very reasonably priced for the quality of the food and we would definitely return if we come to Bristol again. We eat a lot of Indian food and this really did live up to the standards we had previously read about. Overall, two very happy, full bellied customers!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KMRS88
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your positive dining experience with us it really is appreciated!

Team @ Myristica
Chatham, New Jersey
“Wonderful Indian food”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Upscale in atmosphere and presentation; updated traditional dishes, well prepared and delicious. If there is such a thing as nouvelle Indian, this is it.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pam G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we are all delighted you enjoyed our food.

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely lovely”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went here on a Saturday night for a meal after seeing they'd won an award in a local magazine. We were not disappointed.
The choice and variety of the menu was great, plenty of choice, and the wine list was also well stocked.
We shared a Boti Kebab starter, i wish we'd of ordered one each because it was amazing. I had the Prawn Bhuna which was hotter than i would nomally have but it was so flavoursome it didn't stop me enjoying it thoroughly . My other half had the Rogan Josh which must of been good because he cleared his plate. We also had a naan each and some rice.
The bill came to £65 which included a bottle of wine, i thought this was well worth it and we'll be going back again.
The staff were friendly, polite and helpful. I couldn't fault the service. And even the popadoms came in different varieties with dips and sauces.
Overall it was excellent.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Laura F
Amit L, General Manager at Myristica Restuarant, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your positive dining experience with us, it really is appreciated.

We also appreciate that you like our menu and style of cooking.

Regards and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Amit L
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We all loved everything about this restaurant, the service was excellent and the waiter recommended which rice would go best with which mains, which shows he obviously knows his job! So many waiters have no idea what is even on the menu so this goes a long way with me! The food was amazing especially the dhal, it's not just traditional curry on the menu, my husband had venison! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves Indian food but with a bit of a twist!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank 81helenc
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your positive review of your dining experience with us and we look forward to serving you again, soon.

Amit L