“Worth going”

Price range: US$33 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bristol's Myristica, has set out with the aim of giving their customers 'a truly authentic flavour of Indian food'. The experience begins with the restaurant itself. Modern, sleek and good looking from the polished hard wood floors to the gleaming marble bar the interior surely wouldn't be out of place in a top Mumbai hotel. The food follows suit, beautifully presented, each dish is made to order using quality, seasonal ingredients. With traditional street food cooked with as much passion as the speciality family dishes Myristica is rewriting the Indian food rule book.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

As any UK traveler knows when you are in this country and you enjoy good Indian food then you must make it your mission to find a good Indian restaurant.

Myristica has good food but was not the usual type Indian eatery one would expect.

It has a more contemporary feel and they liked plating the entrees more artfully than like family style. Curries in hot pots and small silver type platers is what I am use to seeing. The poppadums were different too. They came to us in small disks and in multi colors.

This place is good and I do recommend it but just know what to expect.

Amit L, General Manager at Myristica Restuarant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Madam,

We are delighted you enjoyed your food and our style of serving.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Just popped in here based on nearest to the hotel I was staying in. The menu was interesting and varied and was busy even on a Tuesday night! Had the vindaloo and asked them to tone it down a bit which was perfect. Would certainly visit again next time I am in Bristol

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your dining experience with us and we appreciate your positive comments!

Please look out for our new menu too, with some stunning new dishes.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

In bristol for my 50th birthday week last weekend Saturday 12th July ,booked table for 19:45.a short distance from are hotel.arrived early shown straight to are table.restaurant was 3/4 full.lovely aroma of Indian food , pleasant staff.for starters my wife chose poppodoms and I had the mussels fry excellent choice. Main course was more than I expected.my wife had tandoori chicken and myself had sea bass fillet marinated with spinach purée and rice.we would recommend this restaurant to other people. And the bill was not to high.

2  Thank andyg1964

Dear Guest,

Your comments are really appreciated, thank you!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We discovered this place a couple of months ago when we staggered in during a thunderstorm and we had a terrific meal, but didn't take the time to write about it.
We returned on Friday evening and I have to say this must be one of the best Indian restaurants around.
My wife and I selected a few main dishes to share, including Prawn chettinad, Halibut tail and Tawa Ki Lamb with some garlic rice. The flavours were absolutely outstanding and the spices identifiable....no commercial gloopy stuff here, the cooking is the real thing.
It's on our list now!
I almost forgot to mention....the service is brilliant and these people obviously care about what they're doing.

1  Thank Hungry_Horace_Surrey

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your glowing review, it's nice to be appreciated!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We live 2 minutes' walk from the restaurant, and after checking out the online reviews decided to give it a go. Te ambience is good, fine for Date Night but also good for groups of friends or family. The service was attentive and friendly, though it dropped off a bit once the restaurant filled up. Really excellent food, hot and fresh and cooked with attention to detail. Good value too. A real class act - go!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you fro taking the time to write about your dining experience with us and I am glad you enjoyed our style of cooking.