“great beer”

Pipe & Slippers
Ranked #545 of 1,733 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Great choice of beer and some mighty good looking cocktails. Real buzz about the place and good looking sunday lunches coming out

1  Thank yotkhhw

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I have lived in Bristol for nearly a year and don't often drink around the Gloucester Road. However a friend recently had their birthday drinks here. At first I wasn't sure but as soon as I stepped inside I was pleasantly surprised, the Pipe has an atmosphere like no where else I've been to in Bristol. The music is always good, the cocktails great (especially the Pipe Dream) and the staff are friendly and helpful.

I have been back several times and am yet to be disappointed. I recommend going on a Sunday for the money their roast is one of the best I've had in Bristol!!

1  Thank Daniel P
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I'm not a huge fan of Sunday lunch. Pouring a fairly salty viscous liquid over uniquely tasting vegetables and a slab of meat so as to mask their individual flavours has always seemed a pretty poor way of assembling a plate of food. And yet, last month, I found myself sitting in this little pub in Bristol, waiting for a Roast Pork dinner. I wasn't enthused. I couldn't have been more wrong. It arrived, and the sight alone was quite something to behold. The pork was a chunk sufficiently large to choke a donkey, if any one was perverse enough to feed pork to a donkey. The roast potatoes, sprouts, creamed leeks and vegetables weren't swamped with gravy, either. True, there was some, but it was mostly localised to the meat. I finished the entire thing - and we will definitely be coming back.

2  Thank Mark01824093
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 2 January 2008

perfect for a late night drink! never eaten there... did not even know they do food lol!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 24 November 2007

A pain to find a seat! Poor bar skills. Can take hours to get served and everyone in the world is served before you!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook