“Punching above it's weight!”
Review of Pipe & Slippers

Pipe & Slippers
Ranked #733 of 1,668 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had a really good night at the Pipe and Slippers entertaining work colleagues a few months back and with nothing much to do I took the wife and kids to the Pipe for a Bank Holiday Sunday lunch.

I've had Sunday lunch at a Michelin starred restaurant on a couple of occasions and the food in the Pipe is as good. The decor is half way between a mad 60's french cafe and a library in some crumbling stately home and with interesting reggae tunes on the sound system, friendly staff and a great Sunday lunch for a tenner what's not to like?

Seriously, I can't understand why they don't advertise - The Pipe and Slippers is definitely punching above it's weight.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

After being shown this place by a friend when I first moved to Bristol I instantly couldn't get enough of the laid back hip fresh vibe that was flowing throughout the venue. Live music great food and great cocktails! Try the famous pipe dream. But beware 3 is the limit and there is a good reason for it. Go have a try you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Great pub full of character, lovely open fire and armchairs, nice selection of drinks and excellent food.
Not a massive menu but very well done, the roasted belly pork I'd fantastic!

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Had a Spanish engineer fly in to fix one of our machines at work. He wanted to visit a traditional English pub for dinner so we took him to the Pipe. We all had burgers (probably the only thing on the menu he understood!). Anyway he said it was the best burger he'd ever had. I think I'd agree! Un-fussy friendly bar staff, chilled music and friendly clientele. A hidden gem!

1  Thank MrHostNeon
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Never been here before but popped in for a pint before meeting friends for a meal.

Cool, trendy, unique,great drinks ,great clientele, great staff....

Was only in the pub an hour but was mightily impressed...