“very disappointing”

Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“very disappointing”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My 13 year old was keen to go as she had been told it was great. We saw the huge sign from a distance and thought £6.95 very reasonable. However, as it was Friday and 6:30 pm it was £11.95.
We debated if it was worth it as my husband and I had 2 teenagers with us and the children's price of £4:95 only applies up to age 10. We paid £56 for 4 of us including refillable drinks, which was cheap cola or lemonade.
I don't remember ever eating somewhere this bad even when travelling abroad. The food was old and the only tasty dishes were the Chinese. However I had two mouthfulls of the beef and mushroom dish and told my husband it didn't taste right. He ate his. The salad bar was sad, you have to dig deep to find fresher food as it all looked like it had been there for too long. The Indian food was ok. The children struggled to find food they liked. Chips, pizza, fish fingers,chicken nuggets all looked the cheapest possible quality. No fresh veg or fruit. Deserts were mainly whips with a false cream topping. In general cheap badly presented canteen food.
You can't see the food before you pay. The place was reasonably busy for a Friday but mainly families with young children helping themselves to food without parents supervision, so touching food with their hands rather than the tongs provided.
The staff were pleasant and polite and all we spoke to were eastern European. Tables were cleared as you ate, so no dirty plates were left lying around.
There was no rush so you can take your time and eat all you want. We didn't leave feeling over full.
Overall poor quality food. Tasteless and overcooked food, left on show too long and looked dry from the heat lamps.
My husband felt Ill that evening and was up during the night, he went to work the next day still feeling sick. I didn't feel good either, and the next morning ran to the bathroom.
We then read the reviews on here. Wish we read them before as we would not have gone.
My advice would be not to go there.

• Visited June 2013

Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Always Suprised”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We visited the Preview again, as the first time we visited we were quite impressed, we entered and we served by a polite member of staff and seated. Drinks came quickly and food was good, it had improved since last time.

You cannot really knock this place, it does what it says for the price. Will return

• Visited April 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good value for what you get”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Visited here in my own staying away for business and wanted a quick bit as all other restaurants were busy, seated quickly and from food selection was plentiful although some dishes needed replacing the salad bar was limited and what was there had sauces over it, would visit again but can see it would be popular with families with kids

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You would find better food in a trash can!!”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Where do I start, came here with the boys, after entering this hell hole of a slop house, after paying and passing through the "gates" no going back we soo realised what a mistake it was!! The food all tasted the same! From pizza to Chinese it was utterly revolting! Findus horse burgers would have been a god send! Truly disgusting standard of food!! We left very hungry and out of pocket!! Big fav

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Bigfav
“Awful is too kind”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Don't be fooled by anyone stating this place is good value etc. A group of us were horrified having paid to taste what was on offer. You have to pay before you can get within a 100yds of any food which is clearly a tactic to prevent you from realising what a disgrace this place really is. Foods of all different cultures sounds appealing except its all made from the poorest of ingredients and tastes awful. Italian, American, Indian, Chinese and British cuisine at its worst all under one roof.
Do not eat here unless your idea of fine dining is turkey twizzlers and grease.
I'm not one for complaining but this is without doubt the worst place I've ever eaten

• Visited October 2012