“Not as good as in the past... And would benefit from a little decor makeover!”
Review of Maitreya Social - CLOSED

Maitreya Social
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I visited Cafe Maitreya years ago, and I thought food it was great. I went again last Sunday for Sunday lunch and I wasn't that impressed. Food was OK, but nothing more than just OK. I remembered amazing experience from years before.

It was also quite dirty, sink in the bathroom hasn't been cleaned properly for weeks.

The decor is very unimaginative, I am not saying they should have a £100k makeover, but making it a little bit nice on a budget would be a good idea.

The question - why did I go? Well, I am a vegetarian, so even though the place didn't look very appealing I gave it a chance as I hoped food was going to be great. But it wasn't......

2  Thank evonka

Reviewed 8 July 2014

If you fancy a change from the traditional fry-up and you're in Bristol, then try the 'Mega Breakfast' at 'Maitreya Social'. It's good value and substantial - vegetarian sausage, halloumi, wilted spinach etc. All washed down with organic juice and delicious hot chocolate - what's not to like?
This establishment is also open in the evening for dinner. I've been there many times for breakfast and dinner and I've never been disappointed!
It's not a large space and is popular for dinner, so booking is advisable.

1  Thank Angela R
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have been here several times over the years, either with friends or my partner. There is always a friendly atmosphere with cheerful and helpful staff. The food was as good as always - very tasty and nicely presented.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

You need to book ahead for this terrific vegetarian restaurant. Prices are shocking reasonable -- while food is a revelation!! I am not a vegetarian...but it's no hardship when the food is THIS GOOD!!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The good was fantastic tasty
I actually fooled my partner who is French and they eat raw meat into thinking there may have been a meat option. Of course there wasn't and she wasn't too happy. After a while the food won her over even though she craves steak Blue and Steak Tartar. I will go again although she may not :-) only complaint was that we went there on a Saturday night at their busiest time and it was a bit noisy but any other time fab. The waitress never forgot anything was pleasant and smiled all the time. What more can anyone ask for