“Food isn't bad, but...”
Review of Seeb

Seeb
Ranked #23 of 31 Dessert in Bristol
Reviewed 18 June 2016

This seemed to be a great cafe by appearance. Not sure about other food. We, a family of 4 came in for just ice-cream, and my husband had a coffee too (he was very particular with his coffee, so it needed to be fairly high standard for him!) He said the coffee was ok.

The ice-cream we had was great. We had a lot of choice to choose from.

It was a weekday mid-afternoon. Not many people were there. The staff working there didn't seem to be that jolly as she was a bit displeased when she had to wait for us to choose our ice-cream. Also, when I also asked to taste the ice-cream on behalf of my 4 years old son, she mentioned we could only try one of them. It was awkward when I had to grab the ice-cream before fetching the money from my wallet out of my bag. I thought: "Don't they have any ice-cream stand?!" I looked for it, but no they didn't have it. The staff, who served me ice-cream didn't seem to get my dilemma. She just held out the ice-cream to me until I grabbed it, so it was a bit tricky for me to get the money. She didn't smile the whole time we were in the shop, and in fact she seemed to be a little grumpy for some reason!

We sat down at the corner of the cafe, the closest to the toys corner. However, the fake flowers on the coffee table as well as the table were a little smothered by ice-cream that were left by children before us, perhaps even from the day before, as the ice-cream were a bit dried out, and what was left was a bit sticky!

We were not impressed at all by their cleaniness in the cafe as well as the customer service.

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

I visited here on a Sunday afternoon. The service was so friendly and kind. The ice cream looked delicious but I was too cold to be tempted. Instead I had a coffee that was good quality and reasonably priced.

The decor was funky and modern. The music was jazz and cool. I really liked it here and will certainly visit again.

1  Thank Carlo T
Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

Excellent place, good coffee as well as ice-cream. Lovely smoothies. 4 stars instead of 5 because the service can be a little slow at times.

1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 30 August 2015

Excellent ice cream - all made from Guernsey milk and it shows. Rich velvety ice cream, very impressive. Other OH had the Nutella waffle which was pretty amazing - large portion which I got to help her finish as very big for one person.
Other friend had Victoria sponge and tea. The sponge was the only let down - dry and tired. They could do with working on the display - although it was a Sunday and likely they were running out of stuff.
Overall wonderful ice cream and that is the main draw to this welcome addition to the G road.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

We enjoyed good Illy coffee and lovely ice cream this evening, served with a smile in a bright, modern, airy cafe. Very pleasant ambience and great to have somewhere like this to go to of an evening, rather than a bar, restaurant or gastropub.

1  Thank Pidgepootle