“Good hotel for a short stay”

Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Aylesbury
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good hotel for a short stay”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is our first stay at a holiday Inn. We stayed here for one night the room 109 was a good size we had a TV, plenty of draw/wardrobe space and the bed was comfy. Tea and coffee making facilities were good. The bathroom looked a little outdated, and there was a wooden panel type thing behind the heated towel rail that appeared to have fallen off the wall.
Other than check in/out we didn’t have much need for assistance from the reception staff. We had breakfast included in our room cost, which was in a nice little room with a choice of continental or full English we we’re served promptly by staff on arrival. There was a vending machine on ground floor with drinks and snacks for purchase.
When we arrived back to our room after we’d been out we came across a creepy crawly (looked like an earwig) which we had to get rid of, didn’t like the thought of sleeping with that running around and bugs aren’t something I want to deal with in my hotel room. Our room had 3 windows which was great for letting in light, unfortunately our windows provided us with eye level viewing of staff on their smoking breaks, so if we could see them then they could see us, so this room loses privacy if you want to open your curtains.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
C M, General Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Kelly M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that overall you had a nice stay. Please accept my apologies with regards to the other issues may have caused. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time to acknowledge or give points for improvement.

We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Carlos Maio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 29 June 2014

After staying in the hotel for 5 nights for work, I have to say I was very disappointed that it wasn't up to their usual standards of the holiday inn's I've stayed at previously

Having last stayed in the Birmingham hotel, I could not recommended the hotels enough, but when I turned up here, safe to say it wasn't what I expected
Rooms and facilities are clean but feel very out dated and actually not a very nice place to be if your spending a lot of your time there
There is plenty of space and suitable facilities in the room but feels very dated and past their best
At the time of my stay, there was a circus across the road and did worry about the safety of my work van and also concerned that the car park might get filled up with visitors for that

For the price I wouldn't overally recommend it especially as their other hotels are cheaper and much better and nicer to stay in

• Stayed June 2014
C M, General Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Stevenrichards1976,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Aylesbury.
Please accept my sincere apologies if this visit was not 100% satisfactory and for the inconveniences this may have caused during your stay.

Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us to improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

We value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your travel needs.

Regards,
Carlos Maio

Travellers are raving about these Aylesbury hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Felt I had to write a review to balance out the previous extremely negative comments, we have just returned from a one night stay at The Garden Court and it was absolutely fine, the room was very spacious, lovely and clean with all the usual things tea/coffee etc that you would expect. A lovely comfy bed, we had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was nice again exactly what you would expect, it was hot & nicely presented with a good selection of cereals etc, the staff were perfectly pleasant.
A special mention to Jenny the lovely young lady on reception/bar duty she was very welcoming and informative of the local area recommending restaurants and organizing a taxi for us.
We paid £77 for our stay and it was well worth that money we would not hesitate to stay there again if we were in the area, I honestly do not know what people expect if you want to stay at a top of the range hotel you must expect to pay top of the range prices, if you want a reasonably priced hotel that is clean and offers good service The Holiday Inn Garden Court is the place for you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
C M, General Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear trish1605,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Aylesbury.
I was pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. I will pass your comments onto the hotel team who will be delighted to hear this.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Regards,
Midhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Strange hotel that does not do Holiday Inn any justice. The majority of the reviews are right, if you have low expectations you will be pleased.

Looks impressive from the front , disappointing that the large grounds are not landscaped and that the garden is just lawn.
Old and tired in the reception and room i stayed in, large room but skirting boards and corners were filthy. Carpet old and tired much like the furniture. All the basics are there , tea coffee etc. Bathroom is ancient with cracked sink and a basin that no matter how tightly you pulled plug down just cant keep water in it. The Shower was just about hanging on the wall and the highest the shower head would go was equal to my chest , water pressure was OK.
The dining room was more like a cafe with a bar in it, food choice limited to chicken and chips or steak and chips. I ordered steak at 16.99 , Steak was cooked perfectly and tasted lovely. My wine was warm and the choice of white was dry or medium!.

I did not visit the Gym but it looked nice, I avoided breakfast as it was not open early enough for a business traveler

At £99 for a room there are plenty of other options that would offer more modern and comfortable surroundings.

2 Thank Sammy509
C M, General Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Sammy509,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies if this visit was not 100% satisfactory due to the condition of the room and restaurant ambiance. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.

Kind regards
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel was old fashioned, smelly, dirty and unwelcoming.
The staff at check in we're unfriendly, did not help with luggage and actually did not manage a smile. The reception area is just ok.
My bedroom was like a nursing home, peeling wallpaper, bathroom that had a sink that did not match the rest of the suite, no remote control for the TV, no bottled water and grubby curtains.
On arrival at breakfast the staff looked surprised that they had a guest, I felt I was in someone's front room and that it was a struggle for staff to serve me. There were four staff around, 2 serving, 1 helping herself to breakfast and 1 getting a coffee. The cooked bacon and tomato was warmed up.
Overall awful, not comfortable, unfriendly staff, a real let down to the traveller!
Would not say this was a one star hotel.
Expensive too

Room Tip: Do not bother, stay at the Premier Inn across the road!
1 Thank Joanne H
C M, General Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Joanne H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for failing short of your expectations.I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you again for your review.

Kent
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is called Garden Hotel so I expected nice surroundings and a modern nice hotel. This hotel is old and out of date. It is fairly clean but not perfect for my standards.
The breakfast room is small, the staff are very nice but breakfast is limited so I was not 100% happy.
Rooms are big but the sheets do not seem to fit the bed which I found very strange.

1 Thank Mileage-Queen
Dear Mileage-Queen,

Best Regards,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

stayed for one night. Was very surprised at how big the hotel and rooms are. very clean, everything you require was supplied. Large free car par park with free access to swimming pool gym etc. I think the reviews on here do not do it justice. there is a pub 5 mins by car down the road that does 2 meals for £10. can well recommend both hotel and pub. would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank colandally
C M, General Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear colandally,
We really appreciate your nice comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Aylesbury. it sounds as thought you reaaly enjoyed your stay. It is with valuable feedback such as yours that we feel that our hard work is really appreciated.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Carlos Maio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aylesbury
#3 of 6 in Aylesbury
Best Western Plus Magnolia Park Hotel, Golf and Country Club
West Lodge Hotel
West Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Aston Clinton

Been to Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury? Share your experiences!