Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury
Priceline
  • Pool
US$84
PremierInn.com
West Lodge Hotel(Aston Clinton)
US$80
Travelodge Aylesbury Central(Aylesbury)(Great Value!)
US$68
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hartwell House(Hartwell)
US$326
TripAdvisor
All reviewsserved promptlyrooms are largecooked to orderquiet at nightbath and showercomfy bedquiet locationleisure centrefriendly hotelan evening mealfull english breakfastgood nights sleeptown centrewatermeadwashbasindrawers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel needs to be closed down and stripped and redone in my opinion. Rooms are very outdated and tired looking. Badrooms even more so. Overall dirty feel to hotel, for instance underside of tabs do not seem to have been cleaned, ever. On the plus side, good bed and airco although annoyingly the airco is turned off by the cleaning staff in the morning which left a very stuffy room to come back to.

Reception area is very small, old and dreary looking. Not very receiving. Stagf friendly enough however I do question their security process as one day I had to get my room card reactivated. The reception staff on duty had not seen me before. I just told her my room nr and she reactivated the card. No questioning as to name, ID or other. Did not make me feel extremely safe as seems just about anybody with an access card could get into any room.

Ground are very tired looking. Overall hotel needs a total rehaul and should better be closed in the mean time. Obviously struggling financially to keep up.

Stayed: July 2014
C M, General Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Nathalie J,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Holiday Inn Garden Court Aylesbury. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologise for any inconvenience may have caused you during your stay.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enable us to target problem areas, and the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I have taken your comments seriously with regards to activating the room card and I can assure you that this will not happen again in the future.

Once again, I would like to sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is our first stay at a holiday Inn. We stayed here for one night the room 109 was a good size we had a TV, plenty of draw/wardrobe space and the bed was comfy. Tea and coffee making facilities were good. The bathroom looked a little outdated, and there was a wooden panel type thing behind the heated towel rail that appeared to have fallen off the wall.
Other than check in/out we didn’t have much need for assistance from the reception staff. We had breakfast included in our room cost, which was in a nice little room with a choice of continental or full English we we’re served promptly by staff on arrival. There was a vending machine on ground floor with drinks and snacks for purchase.
When we arrived back to our room after we’d been out we came across a creepy crawly (looked like an earwig) which we had to get rid of, didn’t like the thought of sleeping with that running around and bugs aren’t something I want to deal with in my hotel room. Our room had 3 windows which was great for letting in light, unfortunately our windows provided us with eye level viewing of staff on their smoking breaks, so if we could see them then they could see us, so this room loses privacy if you want to open your curtains.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
C M, General Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Kelly M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that overall you had a nice stay. Please accept my apologies with regards to the other issues may have caused. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time to acknowledge or give points for improvement.

We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

After staying in the hotel for 5 nights for work, I have to say I was very disappointed that it wasn't up to their usual standards of the holiday inn's I've stayed at previously

Having last stayed in the Birmingham hotel, I could not recommended the hotels enough, but when I turned up here, safe to say it wasn't what I expected
Rooms and facilities are clean but feel very out dated and actually not a very nice place to be if your spending a lot of your time there
There is plenty of space and suitable facilities in the room but feels very dated and past their best
At the time of my stay, there was a circus across the road and did worry about the safety of my work van and also concerned that the car park might get filled up with visitors for that

For the price I wouldn't overally recommend it especially as their other hotels are cheaper and much better and nicer to stay in

• Stayed: June 2014
C M, General Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Stevenrichards1976,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Aylesbury.
Please accept my sincere apologies if this visit was not 100% satisfactory and for the inconveniences this may have caused during your stay.

Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us to improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

We value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your travel needs.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Felt I had to write a review to balance out the previous extremely negative comments, we have just returned from a one night stay at The Garden Court and it was absolutely fine, the room was very spacious, lovely and clean with all the usual things tea/coffee etc that you would expect. A lovely comfy bed, we had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was nice again exactly what you would expect, it was hot & nicely presented with a good selection of cereals etc, the staff were perfectly pleasant.
A special mention to Jenny the lovely young lady on reception/bar duty she was very welcoming and informative of the local area recommending restaurants and organizing a taxi for us.
We paid £77 for our stay and it was well worth that money we would not hesitate to stay there again if we were in the area, I honestly do not know what people expect if you want to stay at a top of the range hotel you must expect to pay top of the range prices, if you want a reasonably priced hotel that is clean and offers good service The Holiday Inn Garden Court is the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
C M, General Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear trish1605,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Aylesbury.
I was pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. I will pass your comments onto the hotel team who will be delighted to hear this.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Strange hotel that does not do Holiday Inn any justice. The majority of the reviews are right, if you have low expectations you will be pleased.

Looks impressive from the front , disappointing that the large grounds are not landscaped and that the garden is just lawn.
Old and tired in the reception and room i stayed in, large room but skirting boards and corners were filthy. Carpet old and tired much like the furniture. All the basics are there , tea coffee etc. Bathroom is ancient with cracked sink and a basin that no matter how tightly you pulled plug down just cant keep water in it. The Shower was just about hanging on the wall and the highest the shower head would go was equal to my chest , water pressure was OK.
The dining room was more like a cafe with a bar in it, food choice limited to chicken and chips or steak and chips. I ordered steak at 16.99 , Steak was cooked perfectly and tasted lovely. My wine was warm and the choice of white was dry or medium!.

I did not visit the Gym but it looked nice, I avoided breakfast as it was not open early enough for a business traveler

At £99 for a room there are plenty of other options that would offer more modern and comfortable surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sammy509
C M, General Manager at Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Sammy509,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies if this visit was not 100% satisfactory due to the condition of the room and restaurant ambiance. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.

Kind regards