“Good value”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Aylesbury
E Yorkshire
“Good value”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Evening meal good and breakfast very good as you would expect from this chain of hotels. My main grouse was I asked for a quiet room. I know the hotel cannot guarantee this , but should do their utmost to do so. Some chains of hotel make a point of advertising this as a quality. The room (117) was very quiet until around 2.00 am when the couple next door were making a real racket which went on for around an hour. I do not know whether or not he was trying to rape her but there was a lot of noise and she kept saying get off me. I 'phoned the front desk, but my call was not answered. I told the duty manager of this this morning and he made a note of it. When I mentioned this to our
coach driver he said I should have sorted it. I did not feel as an elderly woman sufficiently confident to approach two strangers about their inconsiderate behaviour. Wi fil £5 an hour appalling - free in other hotels I have visited.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Korean first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Twelve of us stayed here while in Aylesbury for a reunion. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. In spite of several wedding parties my room was quiet. The breakfast was good and the staff were exceptionally helpful. It is a bit out of town but only a £4-5 taxi ride. The only negatives were that there was no lift (although there are plenty of ground floor rooms if this is a problem and only 1 flight of stairs to the other rooms) and the extortionate charge (£5 per hour) for the wifi. We were assured that from 1st July this charge will be dropped.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Stayed here whilst visiting friends....... excellent for the money ...we had a room at the back which was quiet (no lift) and seemed to be a ten minute walk from the reception but it was more than adequate. Clean and comfy bed... breakfast was ok - nothing out of the ordinary but very nice and could not complain. We did not use the leisure facilities so cant comment ... for our needs and the price we paid it was fine.

Room Tip: Ours was at the far back - quiet - but a long way to walk...... no lift so double check at reception...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Derek A
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience further to your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to see you had a good stay and found your room clean and comfy, and particulary enjoyed the excellent value we offer our guests typically across weekends.
Thanks very much
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Nice room, plenty of parking but a bit far out of town. Major failure was their appalling rip off pricing on wifi - £5 per hour! To rub salt into the wound, on the other side of town there is a franchise Holiday Inn that provides (as it should in this day and age) free wifi. Overall it cost us £15 for 3 hours of wifi - this spoilt our experience as we were so appalled.
We were told that it will change soon - well that is too late for us! We will avoid Holiday Inns in the future as blatant rip offs like this really speak for the general attitude of the management - there is no defence!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ewee1952
Thank you for sharing your experience further to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Aylesbury.
Pleased you found your room to your satisfaction
stroudsburg
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Staying here for two nights while on holiday from America, and I'm so upset I didn't do my research. I've stayed at all different hotels in the UK, and this is by far the worst. The staff is extremely rude, the rooms are begging for an update, and they've charged me for two days of internet what I pay for a month! The connection is not any better than any of the hotels with free WiFi, though I'm sure that's what they will argue upon reading this review. Regardless 16 pounds a day is ridiculous, considering I've paid no more than 3 pounds elsewhere. When I complained about the pirate pricing the staff made me feel as though I was cheap or trying to get over on them. I've stayed at many holiday inns and I've been a priority club member since 1995 with no problems, until now that is. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, and again I wish I knew better!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank eric m
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear eric m
Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments further to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Aylesbury.
I was most disappointed to read your comments with regard to the charging for internet access at our hotel, however this is currently a standard across all managed and owned properties within the UK, however I am pleased to advise that from July onwards free internet will be provided to Elite members of the IHG Rewards Club, ( formerly Priority Club Rewards ) and free to all members from 2014. In fact IHG will become the first hotel company to offer free internet globally to all our loyalty programme members. Whilst I understand this is of little consequence to you with regard to your stay with us, I am pleased to learn from my Reception team that they had in attempt to resolve your dissatisfaction offered to provide complimentary internet access. Nevertheless it is disappointing that we failed to agree a resolution.
I am sorry that you felt your room was tired and in need of updating, we work hard to maintain our bedrooms for our guests, and comments such as yours are far from typical.
Ian Rees

Travellers are raving about these Aylesbury hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Our room was nice: bright, fresh and large.

The facilities here are good, swimming and sauna really easy to make use of and pleasant.

The bar/restaurant was fine, plenty of places to sit for a relaxed lunch or a quick drink. Only negative thing was the sandwich I had was freezing (teeth-tinglingly).

Breakfast is generous and tasty. The pancake machine was a popular highlight!

Attended a wedding reception here: the staff were attentive and quick to respond to requests.

Room Tip: Executive rooms come with a chunky kitkat! ;)
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Nhendo
Thanks for posting your feedback further to your recent stay with us.
Delighted you had a great stay, sorry about the cold sandwich however, will find out what happened there, but pleased all else was good and enjoyable.
We look forward to you returning in the future.
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stayed 9 nights in late April....found the facility overall to be very clean and comfortable. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent value.
I did note that the spa facilities weren't offered to me at check in....I sort of stumbled across them by accident. Also, a small corner of the inner courtyard is used as a smoking area and sometimes late night noise can filter up into the room if the window is left open. This was only noticeable once over the weekend and wasn't a show stopper. If you want absolute silence its best to get a room that doesn't face the courtyard.

Room Tip: If its a weekend I would suggest getting a room that doesn't face the inner courtyard. Sometime...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aylesbury
Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury
#1 of 1 in Aston Clinton
Five Arrows Hotel
Five Arrows Hotel
#1 of 2 in Waddesdon

Been to Holiday Inn Aylesbury? Share your experiences!