All reviews pancake machine leisure facilities coach trip sauna and steam room health club standard room bit dated stayed here for two nights black pudding evening meal wedding party good nights sleep plenty of parking one night stay visiting family full english gym
Reviewed 6 August 2017

We stayed here as a family for a brief break. The hotel is nice and very family friendly - it helps that it's not got masses of floors, so feels quite homey that way.

The pool was nice, and the kids enjoyed splashing around for a bit - though my four year old son was desperate to go in the Jacuzzi despite us explaining numerous times he wasn't allowed!

Breakfast was tasty, and the kids like having the windows to look outside, and run around the courtyard.

We had hoped to visit Waddesdon Manor nearby, but misread the opening times and it was closed the two days we were there, so we went to the Green Dragon Eco Farm instead, which the kids loved.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sad_trekkie
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights, room at back and was clean and quiet and difficult to fault. Th only moan I would have is that as the hotel is only on 2 levels the rooms are spread out over a huge area. It took me ages to walk along numerous corridors to find my room. Breakfast was good but not the cheapest. They run a con when you check in, asking if you wish to book breakfast at £12 a day but if you pay on the day it is £15. I don't like tricks like that. The hotel was absolutely packed with Chinese who made a blot of noise at breakfast, I assume they were on their way to shop at Bicester village.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the Holiday inn near Aylesbury. I thought, having got a reasonable deal on a two night stay, it was a good start to a weekend away to visit our grandchildren near Oxford. My first disappointment was that on arrival I found out that the room tariff (£107-50 per night, normally £145 per night) didn't include breakfast and is charged extra at £12-00 per person per day. We wouldn't mind this so much if the breakfast was a pleasant experience. Sadly, this wasn't to be the case on the first morning. My wife and I came down to breakfast (which is served between 7-30am to 11am) at around 9-15am only to be met with a dining area in disarray. Tables were left uncleared with no tables laid up for use and when we finally got shown to a table and allowed to go to the buffet style cooked breakfast, we found much of what was left had not been refilled and was barley luke warm. The staff were also not overly help and left us feeling rather dissatisfied with the whole experience. I will say at this point, all the other dining experiences we had at the Holiday Inn were pricy for what is very basic bar food.

On the plus side the hotel does have some good facilities including pool, gym, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. We were also allowed to take our two grandchildren to the pool during our stay which made for a very enjoyable afternoon.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and a good size with air con but frankly, no more than I would expect from a hotel of this level. The common areas left us both feeling that what was lacking was a little attention to detail. Carpets showing heavy ware, broken and badly adjusted wooden window blinds and some other housekeeping issues just let the place down. At the time of booking many hotels in the area were either fully booked or showing room tariffs in excess of £150 per night for a double room. I must say after having stayed here I was left feeling maybe upgrading to one of the other choices may have been a better option.

In closing, we slept well, enjoyed the facilities and at a push would use them again but it probably wouldn't be a first choice and going on local demand isn't others first choice either. As I said at the start, good but not great which is a shame because with a little attention it could be. I wonder however if their focus is more corporate hospitality rather than general public.

Date of stay: July 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear CRS1961,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We certainly appreciate your nice feedback on our facilities. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for the level of service you received from our staff and for not living up to your expectations regarding our common areas and breakfast selection. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for evaluation.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Having been a regular visitor to this hotel (every other Friday for over a year) I can finally say that the state of the bar food has finally broken me. Over £19 for a burger and and lime &a soda in which they forgot the line! The burger was dry enough to use on the sole of my shoe the chips had obviously been re-warmed and were dryer than dust. Food has never been god here but finally I am compelled to write a review (I am a lazy git and this doesn't happen often) to add to the situation, when I complained to the waiter her shrugged said sorry and just carried on about his business!

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Hello Tony S,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review about Holiday Inn Aylesbury UK. I recognize your stay was not 100% satisfactory because of issues with the quality for food served and price. I am sorry for the letdown.

IHG values your experience with our hotels and I have sent you a private message so we can gather some additional information regarding your experience. Please allow us another chance to make things right.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Warm Regards,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We decided to go to this hotel after driving for a while, it was a great choice! Staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was very clean and spacious being full featured with lots of essentials even in a standard room. The pool is great to have a swim in, changing rooms were very clean. The restaurant had great selection and the food was very tasty and well-done. Drinks were nice and cold as well. The location is perfect. Very quiet so it can be ensured you have a great nights sleep, room stays a reasonable temperature throughout the night and the air-conditioning is very quiet. The internet connection is very speedy, there is also a computer in the lobby area fully-featured with good I/O and internet. The garden is beautiful and great to sit in. Overall, I would recommend this hotel! There we no flaws at all!

Room tip: Rooms near the back overlooking the field are great.
Date of stay: April 2017