All reviews the pub complimentary continental breakfast cooked breakfast stayed here hunters chicken room was clean wardrobe space every evening small window twin room plenty of tea coffee on arrival short stay fish and chips fruit juice would definitely stay here again comfortable stay
Reviewed 20 May 2018

This is a great little pub in a lovely little village. The pub is on the main road but all rooms are far enough away from the road for it not to disturb you even with the window open. It is a chain pub but this is still a great place to visit. The food is good. The portions are large. The cooked breakfast is a definite.. They have a very good selection of wines and beer. We stayed for two nights and felt very welcome and at home. Nice to sit out in the beer garden with a nice cold beer.. Would certainly stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: Book early to get a good rate. Definitely pay for the cooked breakfast!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
generalmanagerA331, Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge- Aylesbury South Weston Turville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Hi Sjrphoto67! We're so happy we were able to help you out! Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. Take care!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night
Room was clean with plenty of tea coffee toiletries etc
Food and the bar were reasonably priced. Burger was good and the people I was with had fish and chips, hunters chicken and steak and mushroom pie, all with no complaints
Unable to give full marks as left before breakfast

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
generalmanagerA331, Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge- Aylesbury South Weston Turville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hi Lee,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent visit to us. It is great to hear that you found the facilities to be of a good standard & that our food was up to our usual high standards. I will pass along your kind comments to the team, who will be pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best wishes,

The Five Bells

Reviewed 6 May 2018

My wife and I stayed one night at the Five Bells on route to a wedding.
Check in was easy, at the bar area and the room we stayed in had everything we needed.
We ate in the hotel that evening and the food and service was excellent.
Breakfast in the morning was good. A free continental breakfast with the option of a cooked breakfast (at an extra cost) was available. The choice was good too and for a price of only £55 per room per night with breakfast, this represents excellent value.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Attews,

Firstly, thank you for choosing the Five Bells for an occasion as special as your wedding, it was our great pleasure to have looked after yourself & your wife. I am so pleased to hear that the room facilities met your expectations & that the service provided to you was up to our usual high standards.

The Five Bells is due for refurbishment in Feburary 2019 and we would love to welcome you back for another visit, prehaps this time for a wedding anniversary!

Thank you again for the recommendation.

Best wishes,

Martin

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We chose to stay at The Five Bells- Inkeeepers Lodge while away for a wedding party and tied it in with our anniversary so stayed for a couple of nights. We found all the staff to be really friendly, helpful and welcoming. Especially the landlord / manager (who’s name turned out to be Simon. Extra credit to him) the accommodation was simple, but clean and tidy. The pub has a real nice feel to it and serves good quality pub grub. (Breakfast, lunch and dinner). Considering we only paid £56 a night, we couldn’t have had a better experience for our money. Top venue, run by a top bloke. Would recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stayed for two days over Easter. Pleasant character of a building. Hotel and pub within same building so no need to go outside once you have booked in at the bar. The room was basic and though the furniture is rather old, it was adequate for a short stay. Tv was the smallest screen I have ever seen. Beds were really soft and uncomfortable. I have read other reviews for this hotel and they said they were comfy. Must be personal preference. The quaintness of the building meant the windows are metal single pane and can't be opened for some fresh air. The condensation on the windows in the morning I haven't seen like that for many many years. Had a shower in the morning and found the hair dryer in the drawer. I have shoulder length hair but after around 40 seconds of using the hair dryer it stopped working. I let it cool down and on four occasions it did the same thing. I noticed that the machine hadn't been checked by an electrical firm since 2015. It is then that I noticed there were no phones in the room to ring up reception to inform them I required a new hair dryer. I left my room with damp hair to go downstairs for breakfast. I happened to met Karen, one of the staff from the hotel. I told her what had happened and she went straight away to get another hairdryer. I went back to the room and finished drying my hair dry. I mentioned there wasn't a phone in the room and was informed it was in the corridor. I thought it was there for staff as it was next to a fire extinguisher. Karen was very helpful and I appreciated it. My only criticism was when I saw the supervisor later she said she had tested the hair dryer and it stayed on for well over 2 mins. I can assure you I would of dried my hair before leaving the room without a fuss had the dryer worked properly. Then a new incident happened in the breakfast room. Your tables are lined up along the wall and then tablecloths cover them. Coffee cups, hot water, glasses, etc are placed on top. I went and made myself a takeaway cup of coffee. I had put the coffee granules in the cup and then boiling hot water. I then moved to where the milk jug was and as I placed the coffee cup onto the table, it went everywhere to my horror as the table cloth was hiding the fact that one table height was higher than the adjoining one and as the cloth hid this fact, this was where I had placed my cup. I was horrified to think how close I was to be covered with burning hot water. I apologised for what I thought was my mistake but a visitor came to me and told me that the same thing had happened to her just minutes before. We kind of made light of the situation but as far as a Health and Safety Issue. You need to make sure this does not happen ever again. The pain any adult or child would endure from HOT BOILING WATER due to different heights from adjoining tables needs to be addressed with urgency. The buffet breakfast was a nice selection, but for two days there were no yogurts delivered. I went to have some toast but another customer was making some and the toaster threw the bread out so fast it went flying behind the table. The staff and us customers were actually all laughing as it was like a storyline that would of happened at Fawlty Towers. All said and done, this hotel is fine for a short stay, quiet surroundings and a large car park and the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family