“First Class”

GB Shooting
Ranked #1 of 11 Fun & Games in Aylesbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A private shooting school offering clay shooting experiences. Individual or groups this Olympic Gold medal winning sport proves to be not only fun and addictive but safe under the supervision of the current England shooting Team shooting manager. We use lower recoil shotguns that do not kick so much making your experience more fun. Available by appointment only and suitable for ages from 10 years. Suitable for individuals, shared lessons, small & larger parties From complete beginners to the competent shooter. All inclusive packages available offering locally sourced food by our resident first class catering team. Centrally located in Buckinghamshire and an hour away from London, please call for further information.
Reviewed 20 July 2012

GB Shooting was a really fun experience which has made me catch the bug! I was bought a masterclass session for my birthday and even got tea and a birthday cake! After a quick chat about the sport we had an hour and half shooting alongside an expert tutor, Guy Bond. He was really friendly, skillful and great fun to be around. GB Shooting didn't milk the safety talk but had clear, simple instructions that a 10 year old could follow. We shot with 20 and 12 bore with an option to use the 4/10, a smaller gun with virtually no kick. Great day out, fully recommend for all ages and levels.

1  Thank Trip2035
"beginners"
"skills"
"dominant"

Reviewed 22 March 2012

What fantastic value for money! Guy Bond secures the perfect balance between safety and enjoyment. Our party of 12 was expertly informed, instructed and patiently guided through the intricacies of shooting a variety of guns, including .22 and 20 bore rifle shooting. The day was carefully structured in a relaxed way so that we were all able to enjoy the event and were always active with the guns in small groups, allowing us ample time to practice and improve before the "fun" pairs and individual shooting competitions which rounded off our day. This, and the excellent food and hospitality by Guy and all his staff completed a great day out which I look forward to repeating in the near future. I highly recommend this as an exhilarating and addictive day's activity!

TAMember12282011, Owner at GB Shooting, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

This event was a typical stag party that were a pleasure to entertain. It really helps when our clients arrive with a positive, relaxed and fun attitude towards this addictive sport. We provided a home cooked lunch with enough for 2nd's and even 3rd's for some! We also appreciate your positive feedback. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon. Guy Bond

Reviewed 30 November 2011

I am the wife that Adam bought the shooting lesson for as a present!
My husband is an excellent shot and shoots regularly. I have wanted to join him for ages but have been to aware of being a novice. So you can imagine how delighted I was with my birthday present this year- a lesson with GB Shooting.
Right from the start he made me feel at ease. I was worried about the gun hurting me but he explained that we would be shooting with a 410 shot gun so that I wouldn't get any kick back which could a) hurt me and b) affect my aim. There are several different clay pigeon traps to simulate different situations and by the end I was hitting well over half of them!
I had a great experience with GB Shooting and would definitely recommend them. We had tea and cakes but apparently he does great meals too.

1  Thank chloe1976
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I am a keen shot and bought my wife a shooting masterclass lesson as an introduction to the sport. Guy Bond (owner) gave her an excellent hour and a half with several left and rights achieved.

During tea and cake after the lesson it emerged that Guy is an ex Olympic shot which went soem way to explaining his remarkable coaching abilities.

3  Thank Adam F