“Don't expect too much .... disappointing”

Harding's Restaurant
Ranked #155 of 244 Restaurants in Aylesbury
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and I went for a meal last night to this 'training' restaurant on the side of Aylesbury college having heard good things. There was little ambiance but this was not a huge suprise. What was a surprise was the lack of knowledge exhibited by the lad serving us.
I realise this is a training restaurant but I think there should have been some training before being let loose on the public. He didnt know how to keep a bottle of wine cool, lent across us to serve bread, no ice in the diet coke etc etc.
Unfortunately, the food was disappointing to say the least. Not particularly well presented and cooler than I would have wanted. The new potatoes on my husbands dinner were not cooked enough and the portion of fish on his plate was tiny to say the least.
If I had been anywhere else I would not have paid and I would be giving one 1/5 - my feeling is that the tutors let the young people down by assuming that they were ready to serve the public.
Such a shame as I would have returned if it had been better.
What a let down both for us and the young people they are supposed to be training.

1  Thank EAA1972