Travelodge Aylesbury Central
US$82
Travelocity
US$118
US$76
West Lodge Hotel(Aston Clinton)
US$120
Hartwell House(Hartwell)
US$333
US$306
Hotwire.com
Travelocity
All reviewswaterside theatretravel lodgecanal basintown centretop floormulti storeythird floorcar parkingducks and swanshotel is situatedshower curtainfamily roomnight's sleepbed was comfortablegood nights sleepreception staffnight stay
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Like most people staying in a travelodge I needed a room for one night near a specific location so from that point of view it was fine. After winding my way to the top of an empty multi storey car park past the local dossers I feared for the safety of my vehicle( this was unfounded by the way) I found the parking charges a bit confusing so down the lift to reception to ask then back up to put a ticket on. Receptionist was fine and first impressions of the room ok then noticed one of the duvets wasn't properly clean. and the heat, the heat! so opened the window wide. We decided to eat here as we were hungry and tired after a long journey. The menu choice was fine but the layout of the bar/restaurant looked like a student cafe. Also the three girls were so busy with the other customer empty glasses and dishes stayed on the empty tables.The food arrived and was pretty ordinary (i see another review says the food is standard in all travelodges so that's a bad sign).
Back to the room for sleep the heat was too much to sleep then at 1am the noise started from another room so i had to close the window to dull the noise TOO HOT. Then at 5am due to the nature of a transient hotel people started banging about again.
Eager to get moving we opted for the breakfast as it seemed on paper good value ,wrong very basic very ordinary don't bother.
This is my first experience of a travelodge i hope there not all the same or its my last.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2014

A great hotel for a short stay. Waitrose with free tea and coffee is very handy.
Only let down by lack of air conditionong. Our room was very uncomfortable at night due to the temperature. Why build a new hotel these days of climate change and not put in air conditioning?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mrchrisspicer
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If its even mildly warm and your planning on visiting here, then take a fan with you as they don't have Air con in the rooms and have a had loads of fans pinched leaving it a bit of a lottery as to whether you get any sleep and wake up in a puddle of sweat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PeopleDieinHotRooms
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had to stay here whilst on a course, facilities are new but pretty basic, rooms are boiling hot as no air con. No chance of getting any sleep with the window open because drunk teenagers congregate outside till late at night shouting and swearing at each other!! Breakfast was also basic, same thing would have liked to have been able to have fruit but none provided. Although ideally situated near town, car parking is added expense. Would not recommend to anyone especially people with families due to the colourful language and behaviour I had to endure. Will make sure my company use a different hotel in future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank WMck143
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was very much looking forward to this trip and the Travelodge was extremely convenient, however when we got to the 1st floor the heat hit us. As we walked in the room I asked my husband to put the air conditioning on as we were in a new building. After a search we found it didn't exist. Having two small sons it meant a break with no sleep as the room was too hot. Our party had three room and on checking in they only had one fan. On the second night all rooms had a fan, but made very little difference. On checking out when I told the receptionist it was too hot for my children to sleep she replied, yes it was really hot. Will not stay here again unless it is winter.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends