“Delightful ”

Cuisines: Caribbean
manchester
“Delightful ”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I love Caribbean food and I travel around the country with my work so I get to try the food wherever I go!
Now this place is up there with the best if them.
The service is quick and the food rocks!
Try the punches they're dreamy!

Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“I am a fine dining man and this is the BEST Caribbean in the UK, fact!”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

All I can say that this is by far the best Caribbean eatery that I have had the pleasure of experiencing in the UK. Paulette put's London restaurants to shame with her warm hospitality and taste bud delighting food.

If you are a Jerk chicken lover you will be in heaven, you can taste immediately that the chicken has been marinated with choice spices for our before it hits your plate, the flavour is just delicious. The Mutton curry blew my mind, not fatty, prime meat and really moist and flavoursome and if you like oxtail stew, get on in as it again is just too good to be true.

More people should know about this hidden gem, if you are going to the cinema and want to eat some healthy, fresh soul food that has been lovingly prepared by someone that actually cares and not a huge corporate shipping cheap garbage, you need to visit Caribbean Delight.

In summery it is the best value and most exceptional food I have ever enjoyed in a restaurant and my wife and I regularly frequent the likes of some of the uk's best fine dining restaurants. So go on take some friends and enjoy wonderful food and good conversation!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Michael M
“Awesome food”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and enjoyed a very tasty mutton curry cooked on the bone with plantain and rice. Washed it down with a lovely Gunness punch.

Visit this place and enjoy home cooked food. Support your local businesses not the high street chains.

2 Thank Trufflejames
London, United Kingdom
“1st Class homecooking in Aylesbury!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have never even noticed this tiny restaurant /takeaway until the other day when it caught my attention for the 1st time on my way back to the car park after an appointment in town. There was a crowd of people queuing inside , all waiting patiently as their orders were being filled. I took a quick peek at the handwritten menu board to see they did Jamaican curry goat, jerk chicken, rice and peas, ackee and salt fish , calaloo ( caribbean spinach), fried plaintain, dumplings etc... all the things I love to have when I go to the Turtle Bay chain restaurant in Milton Keynes. It was 2pm and I hadn't had any lunch yet and as it looked spotlessly clean inside and the smell coming from the tiny kitchen in the back was so delicious I thought I'd be very daring and give it a try. I am not usually one to go into town centre takeaways, but MY GOD , I'm so glad I went in because what I discovered in there was a Caribbean lady named Paulette who cooks the most AMAZING home-made Caribbean food I've tasted outside London. One young customer who was waiting in the queue said she drives regularly all the way from Oxford to get some food from here, as since she's moved away from Aylesbury there was no where in Oxford she could find food as good as Paulette's. With this encouraging testimony I ordered curry goat and rice and callaloo to take away. It also came with a small side order of delicious fried cabbage that was so good I wish I'd ordered a portion of it on its own. I am so glad that I discovered this wonderful little place. My husband and I both work from home and I am taking him there this week for lunch.(there are 3 small tables in there)This will definitely become a regular lunch spot for us. It is so nice to know we can get such excellent quality ,healthy, wholesome home cooked food in town rather than just the mass-produced rubbish that is available on most of the high street. This little place is a real credit to Paulette who seems to prepare and cook everything herself in her tiny kitchen. Clearly she already has a very well deserved loyal following, judging by the queues in her little shop but hopefully this review will encourage less adventurous diners to discover the beautiful fare that I discovered here. Thank you for the lovely food, Paulette!

• Visited October 2013