“Comfortable room but shambolic breakfast experience!!”

Premier Inn Aylesbury Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Aylesbury
Bury St Edmunds
“Comfortable room but shambolic breakfast experience!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Premier Inn for two nights, Friday and Saturday, to attend a family wedding.
Booked online so check-in was quick and efficient. Booked a family room so children's beds already made up and the room was still quite spacious. The beds are really comfortable and we all slept well, with no noise from the corridors.
Bathroom was roomy and clean, though could do with new sealant around bath
as beginning to peel away.
Happy with the accommodation and room. However, breakfast was chaos. Two members of staff taking orders and trying to replenish tea, coffee and juice dispensers for a full restaurant didn't work. Plus they had to serve, clear tables and replenish continental options as well. They worked hard and the food was hot but the staff shortage created queues for drinks and a longer than necessary experience.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JanMolbyFan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our three day stay with family proved a very enjoyable one at the Premier Inn at Aylesbury. The whole staff team was lovely and made us feel very welcome. They were all very professional and showed an interest in the children that is very unusual to find in a chain of hotels these days. The breakfasts and evening meal were excellent value for money, especially if you have children with you, the cooked breakfast is cooked to order so arrives fresh and tasty on your plate. The staff were friendly and worked hard to keep everything topped up and tables cleared.

We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Petersfield
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel was great - the usual standards of a Premier Inn - comfortable, clean, charming and helpful receptionists BUT DO NOT take breakfast it is outsourced at the adjoining pub. Beware it is called the 'Premier Breakfast'. The pub is the dirtiest place I have ever eaten in. The tables, the floors, the walls, the menus were filthy and splattered in food. The food from the night before was on the chair beside me, and the table opposite had food and serviettes from the night before under the table.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Excellent location for people wishing a quick stop over passing through Aylesbury, we were on our way to Bicester Shopping Village. Friendly happy staff, clean,plenty of parking, country pub attached with good food.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have stayed at a few Premier Inn's this one is pretty much as you expect clean comfortable rooms bonus that the kids get a better bed than an uncomfortable sofa bed.

The down side with this premier inn is the pub next door, the staff are very friendly the food is fine for the price. But the pub was dirty and did smell the tables all looked like they needed a good clean along with the cutlery the breakfast table cloth was grim. The carpet thread bare the walls filthy with splashes of food and beer, Also a dirty open bin situated next to the cereal wasn't a good look. Why can't the same cleaners who do the hotel sort out the pub a real shame as it lets Premier Inn down.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sam J
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in July, we booked through booking.com and it stated on the invoice it was air conditioned.we arrived at the hotel to be "greeted" by a not very nice receptionist who I thought was quite rude.when she was explaining that as it was hot she's put the fan on in our room,I interrupted her &said we booked air con she rudely said "does it look like we have air con??and then said can I finish what I was saying!!" We was shocked at her attitude but let her carry on.the rooms were very clean and spacious but trying to sleep in 30degree heat is not good!! The pub next to the hotel is not very friendly and just average 2for1 microwaved stuff.i wish if of travelled abit further for a better meal!!when I got home I contacted both premier inn and booking.com about this air con and of course premier inn didn't get back to me but booking.com contacted them on my behalf and got me a refund for my stay for giving me false information. I'd avoid this hotel in summer unless u like sleeping in a sauna!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank XvickiX
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Whilst I have stayed at this premier inn before the night of 22nd July was the worst I have ever had at one of these inns. I was allocated Room 34 not a bad room but you could not leave the windows open because of the extraction fan / Air con for the pub next door noise. If you shut the windows and use the fan provided the droning noise keeps you awake all night. When I spoke to the on duty receptionist next morning I was met with an o well attitude we did tell you on booking in about the room fans and ice water !!!!!!!!!! what this has to do with not being able to sleep I do not know.
My point is even if I do get the cost of the room returned as she muttered to me, is not to use ROOM 34 if you need sleep. On saying all of this the inn has provided rest and sustenance before and I will not let this put me off from using it again just not room 34

Room Tip: Do not except room 34