“Excellent value, great setting.”
Review of The Watermead Inn

The Watermead Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Watermead Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 244 Restaurants in Aylesbury
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Æglesburgh at the Watermead Inn is a well-established pub loved by many and is often referred to as the 'Mead'Located close to the centre of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. We hold a prime location situated on Watermead's picturesque lakeside. Æglesburgh is a comfortable vintage venue with a relaxing atmosphere serving excellent food and drink all day, ideal for visitors, businesses, local people and families.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Living and working in Watermead thought we would try the local bar/restaurant. Had a great meal served by yery helpful staff. Went back a few days later to try the three courses for ten pound meal. Excellent value, do not expect large portions but what you get is great food.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This pub has a lovely atmosphere with great food at decent prices with really nice staff, being a young family ourselves, we feel we can take our little one there for the odd bite to eat without feeling awkward, and when we do, we get a warm welcome from all the staff. The Landlord also put's on festival parties in the morning for young children, such as; Easter egg hunts and Christmas parties – this is a strong traditional community building effort, something chain pubs could never do in my opinion.

Evening in the pub, with the lights dimmed has an upmarket feel and feel we can equally go there later in the day for more sophisticated dining experience. (if we have a baby sitter)

To sum up - the pub is in a superb location with the lake being so close, for us it's a little escape from Aylesbury but without actuality having to leave Aylesbury! Good job Aeglesburgh Inn.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I went to this lovely venue for the first time today for my birthday lunch with my daughter and my 2 grandsons. It was wonderful, Anthony, our waiter was polite, informed and very amenable. The food was gorgeous and the views were to due for. We feed the ducks and geese after lunch and it was a great day. I will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Service was great, the food delicious and the prices fair.
I've seen reviews complaining about the quite short menu... Well, all I can say is that I prefer quality over quantity every day. If you have the chance, you should definetly check it out.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We've been here many times now and it never fails to impress. The food is of a high standard, the service is impecable and the atmosphere is perfect for friends, families, couples. I would recommend The Watermead to everyone :-)