“Very Enjoyable ”
Review of The Watermead Inn

The Watermead Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Watermead Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 248 Restaurants in Aylesbury
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Æglesburgh at the Watermead Inn is a well-established pub loved by many and is often referred to as the 'Mead'Located close to the centre of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. We hold a prime location situated on Watermead's picturesque lakeside. Æglesburgh is a comfortable vintage venue with a relaxing atmosphere serving excellent food and drink all day, ideal for visitors, businesses, local people and families.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was served quickly and well done. Waiting staff were attentive and nice atmosphere, even stayed for a drink after dinner.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It is a lovely place the lakes and grounds are good great for kids to see the ducks but the pub is over priced for what it is

Reviewed 4 June 2018

OK went here today with family, about 3pm no table were made up and was not sure if they were serving food. The girl behind the bar was in deep conversation with a friend and did not seem bothered we had walked in , I asked if they were service food and was answered with Yes but no menus were given so I had to go hunting for them, all I could find was drink menus, when I ask her she pointed to were I had found the Drinks menu, so service very poor more interested in talking to her friend!!! we would have left if we had not been hungry and did not know the area, the food was very over priced I though on the menu but when it arrived it was huge portions and very good was very impressed and well worth the price. so in summery service terrible but food very good value and good quaintly

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Visited last night and the waitress with blonde hair was nothing short of rude! It's my local so an ideal place to visit as the setting is beautiful and the food good but I felt her attitude does not reflect well on the place. Politeness and service with a smile goes a long way to making the customer feel comfortable. We felt very uncomfortable. Shame.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

My order was wrong and the waitress blamed me for it, until she went back to the kitchen and realized she took the wrong food to my table! She did apologize when she came back, but for me that's not good enough. The whole time I was there the service was less than mediocre from that waitress.
The burgers had too much sauce inside and that made them not very nice to eat.
The place was clean, the atmosphere in the restaurant was nice and the service I got from two other waiters was very good!