“Great place”

Price range: US$39 - US$52
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my wife visited here after a day at waddesdon manor. The service is fantastic, the food amazing especially the croquettes. If we’re in the area again we will definitely visit, great night broad Leys, many thanks.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ordinary menu for somewhere described as a 'gastropub'. Overpriced compared to oop north, but i guess its proximity to the world capital of moped muggers makes it about right. Minuscule dessert portions and tinned custard...really...fresh custard is a given at a 'gastro' venue. Dining area pleasant but i don't expect a family conversation to be drowned out by the tv, even when England are playing in world cup...least that won't last long.

All in all ok. Just a tip for servers everywhere....if you spill beer on someone and the table it would be nice if you offer to clean it up, with maybe 'sorry, could i get you another', instead of leaving customer with wet jeans, short drink and a cleaning task....just saying!

1  Thank Nick D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been to this pub several times, always good service. There is a wide selection of beers and other drinks which are always good quality and good temperature. The artisan breads bar snack is absolutely delicious and I get it nearly every time I'm there! Today we went and watched the world Cup football and had a Sunday roast with chocolate brownies for dessert. Everything was flavourful, a good temperature and came very quickly. Definitely recommend!

TheBroadLeys2018, Manager at The Broad Leys, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your review LCannon13! Glad you had a good visit. See you again soon :)

Reviewed 11 June 2018

In short I booked a room via booking.com the hotel send me a email to get in contact.
When i did I was told to no fault of their own and blaming booking.com they did not have a room for me. This was not what upset me it was the way it was dealt with just a sorry your cant say here not our fault and was it. No attempt was made to keep me as a customer, is was a quick sorry but we dont have space.

I received a call email later telling me the room was cancel on my request, and then a notification of them charging my card.

3 days later I send them an email explaining how upset I was with the way the issue was dealt with. Giving them the change to look in to it not let it happen again. However the reply was not great, more justification of why they are not in the wrong and I am sorry if anything has been misconstrued and we do value all our customers.

TheBroadLeys2018, Manager at The Broad Leys, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your review, again we are very sorry that we could not look after you on this occasion. I would just like to confirm that nothing has been debited from your card by The Broad Leys.

As you advised you wanted us to cancel the booking for you, we did so from our end at your request.

Unfortunately the only way for us to get in touch with you to discuss the matter was by email, as the telephone number you had provided on your booking was an invalid number.

We certainly wanted to deal with the issue swiftly and professionally but would like to advise that just because you have had issues with bookings at other hotels in the past whilst using the booking.com platform, does not ultimately make it the fault of the hotel directly. It is also not acceptable to be rude to our staff, when they are trying to resolve the situation.

Many Thanks
The Broad Leys

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend visited here recently after moving to Aylesbury after looking around for a dog friendly pub to take our bichon frisse(who eventually stayed at home anyways). The broad leys was the first name that came up on TA and after reading good reviews, we gave it a go! We were not disappointed and have been treated to good food and service on the occasions that we have visited the pub! We always recommend it to others and will always consider this place as an option to eat in Aylesbury!