“Couple chance dinner”

Ranked #69 of 216 Restaurants in High Wycombe
Price range: US$0 - US$53
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hungerford, United Kingdom
“Couple chance dinner”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

AMAZING FOOD Highly recommended 5*
There is toning to fault with the food, you must try the Beef Stew or the Fish & Chips all were 5* Thank you "Kings"

Visited January 2014

Stokenchurch, England, United Kingdom
“Kings Hotel has good food”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I have eaten here on many occasions and have never been disappointed. I normally have lunch or the lighter meals e.g. sandwiches which are very good and they also do a decent burger.
In the summer it is very pleasant to sit outside with a beer and a sandwich and watch the world go by.

Visited May 2013
“Beautiful Lunch”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Started off with a wonderful pint from the local Marlow Brewery which helped me was down a fresh order of fish and chips with the fish beer battered in the same wonderful brew. I was tossed between this and the Roasted saddle of lamb which looked delicious. Great friendly and prompt service and free WiFi.

“They have nailed it! Perfect!”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stopped on our way to the Cotswolds for lunch what a fab find!
Service perfect
Food fabulous - most freshest chicken
Had chicken burger & chicken salad both were so fresh & perfectly served on a wooden board for the burger which was a beautifully seasoned fillet, with chips in a mini fryer basket & salad was same fillet which was gorgeous!
& to top it all the music was brilliant.
Toilets clean
Everything about this place was fab, we would highly recommend!
Well done Kings hotel & restaurant it was a pleasure!
Thank you!

• Visited July 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“How many staff does it take to be rude?”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Was part of a function here and was shocked by the attitude of the staff on the main bar who on one occasion had four members of staff telling me I should use the function bar and refused to serve me. They were shouting "Are you with the function?" in the face of every customer. I said I was not as I just wanted my drinks and they shouted about "Where are you sat?" "Who are your friends?""You are lying sir" (at least they called me sir I guess!) - apparently one may NOT drink alone here. Okay I fibbed but I'd waited twenty minutes by this point.

The staff are clueless and rude; the food is as average as a recycled KFC meal eaten cold, and the venue is actually quite nice. The toilets are marked 'Kings' and 'Queens' though only a dead variety of either would come here - probably to haunt the grim sorts that serve here. The worst staff crisis I have ever witnessed. And many other guests said the same. None of us will be back and will warn off others.

Other things: I said I wanted Guardsman Ale and this was not on the function bar. They said it was. Actually the ale on the function bar was an IPA and far inferior to Guardman. The lone member of staff on the function bar would not get Guardsman as he would have to leave the function bar unattended to do so.

The lone female server was very good - a firework in a flaky bonfire.

The same two drinks cost £6.50 the first twice we ordered them but over the first two hours of the night went up to £6.60. At the function bar the same two drinks (though not the same Ale as mentioned) cost £6.40, every time.

Jokes.