“Great atmosphere, well kept beer and really good, uncomplicated food.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crown at Radnage

The Crown at Radnage
The Crown at Radnage
Ranked #1 of 19 High Wycombe B&B and Inns
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, well kept beer and really good, uncomplicated food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

This is my local so I might be a little biased but, in an area with lots of fabulous places to eat & drink, many of them Michelin starred, this is still holds its head high and with justification. The staff are universally friendly and helpful; the cask beers are all local and well kept and the wine list, whilst not hugely long, does have a number of very nice wines that are well priced.

The menu, like the wine list, is not particularly long but regulars (that change gradually over time) are augmented by daily specials. All are fairly simple and unpretentious but very well cooked from excellent ingredients. My favourite starter is the Whitebait, crispy and with just enough cayenne to give added interest without masking the fish. Probably my most regular main is the steak burger (the word burger does it an injustice), the meat is moist and pink with really good flavour, served with a great salsa and wonderful chips. Equally delicious are the home made fish cakes on a creamy leak base and the chicken Caesar salad, which (like another super starter, the creamy and dreamy chicken soup) is absolutely packed with chicken. Puddings are put daily on the board and we've always loved every one we've had with the crème brûlée as probably our favourite. I would also recommend Sunday lunch: the roasts from locally sourced meats are beautifully cooked - beef is rare, juicy, tender and wonderfully tasty and the pork is moist, tender and really tastes of pork, with lovely crackling.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

My partner and I came down to visit my kids, we have tried to find a great B&B for a while now, since our last B&B became far too overpriced for what they offered and we came upon this gem. On arrival we were impressed, the chalet styled rooms were fantastic the beds were fantastic, the wetroom was a gem. There was real milk and a sml fridge, real coffee. The breakfast was out of this world and nothing was too much trouble, great hosts, very welcoming. If you need a place to stay in this area, book, book, book

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

My partner and I visit the area four or five times a year and have struggled to find a decent place to stay our search is over. The crown is fantastic the rooms are housed in a block with every detail thought of lovely comfy bed wet room flat screen TV with freeview decent coffee machine with fresh milk an added bonus! The pub itself was also very welcoming good selection of cask beers and decent food at resonable prices the next time we stay we will be having dinner if the breakfast is anything to go by it was the best breakfast I have tasted the scrambled eggs were divine if your looking for a decent place to stay with good faciltys and a warm friendy welcome you will not go wrong here!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

The Crown is a great little pub - I wish I'd found it sooner! I visited the other week with some friends and was delighted by how friendly and welcoming everyone was. There's a good range of beers and spirits on offer but the real highlight for me was the food. The best Scotch Eggs I've ever had, homemade using their own fresh eggs. Home cured salmon, homemade burgers, homemade pâté - you see a theme here! They even managed to rustle up some gluten free bread for someone. Very reasonably priced too. I didn't stay over but friends who did were very happy with the rooms and an excellent breakfast the next morning apparently. Will definitely go back here and maybe stay next time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PhilKS
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed at The Crown between Christmas and New Years and it was a great experience. The room was very clean, the wet room is nice and the under floor heating makes the room cosy. The room is supplied with an Nespresso machine and you are provided with delicious Guernsey milk to go with the coffee which is sourced from a local farm.
The service is very friendly, the food in the pub is excellent and Breakfast was just delicious. They use their own free range eggs which you can also buy from the pub. We were there with our two little dogs who were also made welcome. Would definitely recommend it and will definitely go again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed at the Crown towards the end of December 2012. After a long drive in awful weather I was glad to arrive - and wasn't disappointed. Nice clean warm room with underfloor heating and a super wet room. The food in the pub was lovely on the evening and service great. Breakfast was great in the morning too, very fresh! The purpose of my visit was for a business meeting in nearby Stokenchurch; I would definitely go back to the Crown if I revisited the region for pleasure. Very much recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
chesham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

I took my son and daughter in law for lunch today. we arrived at 11.50am and ordered straight away. I understand the kitchen may not open until midday but it was 12.35 when we received our meals.
we were first in the pub!!
we had no complaints about the food at all. very tasty.
ladies toilet pan was full because it didn't flush!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
The Fox Country Inn
The Fox Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Ibstone
Premier Inn High Wycombe / Beaconsfield Hotel

Been to The Crown at Radnage? Share your experiences!