“Nice hotel for the price”

Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in High Wycombe
Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice hotel for the price”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I have been here for one night, and the hotel not so bad. The room was spacious and the bed really comfortable. The people working at the reception really welcoming and nice. I felt treated as a valuable customer, and this does not happen all the time. The breakfast in the morning was so and so, but enough and variegate.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Alessandr078
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor!
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn High Wycombe and that you found the team here to be friendly and helpful.
I am very pleased also that you enjoyed your room.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Kind regards,
Elena Corbioli
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My husband and me stayed here a couple of times and we booked for January again...Staff was welcoming, rooms were very clean, cinema next door and Frenkie&Bennies( cheaper than hotel food), Friday's is 3 minutes walk from the Hotel and the bar/coctail guy was amazing and very friendly there...Harvesters is on the otherside of the motorway....10 minutes walk....Very nice Indian Restaurant 5 minutes drive called Elaichi Tandoori.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Enzo F
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Enjoyed our visit , staff were very friendly and efficent , Rooms were basic but clean ,
towels were very thin and worn ............... Need New Towels !

Bar and staff were very nice , food was lovely but could have been alot hotter .

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank CATHY215
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn High Wycombe for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
I am really pleased that you were looked after by our friendly team, and that you found our rooms clean.
I appreciate your point about the towels in the bathroom and I will personally look into this.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Kind regards,
Elena Corbioli
Operations Manager
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The Holiday Inn High Wycombe is clean and modern, the rooms have everything you need for a short business stay including trouser press, iron and ironing board, tea and coffee making facilities, desk and comfortable chair. There is also a large wide screen tv and toiletries. I had breakfast every day at the hotel, which in my opinion is overpriced at almost £15 per person (a discount can be obtained with a Priority card, ask at reception). There was a large selection of cereals and hot food with fruit, bread, meats and cheeses. The bread was usually stale and at times the ham had seen better days (hard around the edges). Whilst I did not use the restaurant for dinner, I ordered room service a few night and was very impressed. The meals were well presented and served hot, and very tasty, as well as being reasonably priced. The staff delivering room service were very friendly and polite. Other staff at the hotel were quite blunt at times, particularly if you were unhappy about something. For example, internet is available for £16 a day (£5 an hour, £70 for 5 days). When I expressed shock at such steeply priced internet the staff were unsympathetic. The internet is described as "high speed", this is definitely not the case. When the amount of time you have paid for runs out, the internet disconnects with no warning, so be sure to save what you are working on.

My stay was overall pleasant, noise was not a problem and the hotel was a pleasant place to spend my time.

Room Tip: While the rooms have a sound proofing wooden shutter, I have heard that it is better to request a ro...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank dbegley03
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We booked a night at this hotel, upon check in went to our room and noticed a horrible smell, think they may have had a flood in bathroom, damp/musty smell. We went to reception and they quickly upgraded us. The staff were so helpful. The upgrade room was fine, a lovely big TV and bathrooms were great, shower was fantastic. Roomservice breakfast was a bit disappointing and very expensive, but that was our fault for not going to the restaurant! This is a big hotel, staff are lovely and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carolinegold
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn High Wycombe and for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. I will certainly pass on you great feedback to the Team in the Hotel.

I was however disappointed that your Room Service Breakfast was not as great as expected and I do apologise for that. It does not matter if you eat in Room Service or in the Restaurant for Breakfast the standard and quality should be the same.

It would be great if you could contact me on mark.langham@ihg.com with some more information or even call the hotel direct and ask for myself so that I may understand how I can improve this moving forward.

Thank you once again for your valued feed back, Guests such as yourself help me to ensure we deliver what is expected from a Holiday Inn.

Kind regards

Mark
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Booked a room in advance for just £49. Notably courteous and pleasant staff. Room was compact but with modern, high quality fitments and very clean with everything you could want from trouser press to large telly. No traffic noise and very pleasant sleep. Room rate did not include full breakfast as I just wanted a coffee and slice of toast. Only option in the morning was to pay for a standard full breakfast (about £14) but got a cup of coffee for free from apologetic waiter. To be fair, a discount breakfast voucher was offered at check-in (price unknown) but I didn't take it. Great budget stopover with very helpful and polite staff and very clean. Would have been nice to have an option for a light breakfast but would certainly book again with pleasure.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RiDoCo
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Thank you for your great feed back about your stay here at Holiday Inn High Wycombe. I have passed on your comments to the Department Managers.

You will be pleased to know that there will be an option of a light breakfast served in the Lounge. On 14th November we will be launching Starbucks located in our main lounges. Here there will be options of tea/coffee take out or stay in along with breakfast baps, pastries, fresh fruit and toast.

Again thank you for your feed back and we look forward to your next visit at Holiday Inn High Wycombe.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Took part in an International Business Conference where the hotel was used during a week for meetings and to stay. The service in the conference centre was extremely poor the lunchtime menu was dreadful and even the hot water in the drinks area ran out and was not replaced for 10 mins or more during a break time. Colleagues who stayed in the hotel complained of the noisy foyer and there being nowhere to relax and sit in the evening and the resturant was poor so they always had to travel to find a decent a restuarant to get an evening meal.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor report on your recent experience at the Hotel. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your conference here with us.

Your are right about the noisy foyer, due to our fantastic location on the M40 we are host to a lot of informal meetings that take place in the three lounges and it is very busy most days. As part of our ongoing commitment on improving our facilities and driving customer experience I am having the lounge extended on the 28th November with an additional 34 seats, this area will be just off the main Lounge and will be away from a lot of the noise.

Your feedback about the lunch menu has been passed to the Head Chef as we have just introduced our new healthy conference menu. We are receiving feedback so that we can make any adjustment to this to ensure we meet Customers Expectation.

The Seattle's Best Coffee and Tea stations run all day for all the meetings and we do check these every 20 minutes. I have asked the Academy Manager to ensure at busy break times that these are checked more frequently so that we do not run out of hot water.

Again thank you for your comments, it is Guests such as yourself that help us to maintain the standards that are expected from Holiday Inn and I hope that we will see you soon at High Wycombe.

Travellers are raving about these High Wycombe hotels

Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield
Rye Court Hotel
Rye Court Hotel
#8 of 15 in High Wycombe

Been to Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4? Share your experiences!