“A very pleasant stay”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in High Wycombe
Swansea, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My wife and i had a very pleasant one night stay here, the room was really clean, warm and inviting, the staff were friendly and the food was brilliant, we really enjoyed our stay and will definately stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank geoned57
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback from your recent stay here at at High Wycombe. I have passed your comments to the Team on how friendly they were and also on how clean the bedroom was along with the great meal experience you had.

Look forward to hosting your next stay when your are in the area.

Kind regards

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
Rugby
Reviewed 21 March 2012

A well-located, if unprepossessing hotel right on top of Handy Cross junction. Handy for work in High Wycombe, but not much else........ Good reception with helpful staff, but no concierge. Nice bar area. Expensive drinks. VERY expensive. Expensive internet: £10 for 4 hours, £5 for 1 hour? Forget it........ when most other chains give it for free. We all know hotel phones are dear, but 10p a minute to ring IN??????/ Come on, Holiday Inn, get a grip, that is ridiculous! At least the car park was free.........VERY tired corridors with damaged paintwork from service trollies... too high for cases/bags...... cold rooms, heating inoperative. Fridge locked, so water could not be chilled..... very limited selection of hot drinks in room. Good toiletries, nice towels. MOULDY BATH sealant, shower head not descaled. No bag in bin in bathroom. Duvet tucked into foot of bed so it would only reach up to my midriff.... and only went to edge of bed at the sides. In restaurant in the evening, it took less than 5 minutes for my drink to arrive, but 45 minutes for my meal. When it came, it was tasteless (Ok, it was hot). NOT good enough! Breakfast was good, but plates in hot self service were dirty: I had to sift through 3 before I found a clean one.
Points above were reported to reception on check-out.
This is simply not good enough: Holiday Inn are promoting themselves as being "Hotel Provider to London 2012 Games", and they come up with this sort of offering? This is the second time I have been very disappointed with this chain, which used to be so good.

Room Tip: For Heavens' sake, don't get one on the side of the A404: you won't get any sleep!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Iain Richard S
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

After reading your comment about the duvet, I decided to stay in the hotel and experience this myself. You are absolutely right having the duvet tucked in at the bottom of the bed is frustrating. I did ask the Head Housekeeper why we do this, the response was purely for presentation. You will be pleased to know that as of Good Friday this practice will stop.

I am pleased that you liked the toiletries and bath sheets. From a recent Tripadvisor comment about the size and quality of the bath towels we had decided to change them all for new and move across to bath sheets rather than towels.

The hotel has been working through a planned maintenance schedule. We have just completed the business lounge and restaurant and are due to start works on the bedroom corridors this year.

Many thanks again

Mark

Travellers are raving about these High Wycombe hotels

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Had an overnight stay here in March 2012. Booked in advance on the internet we had a double room which was very reasonable at £44. Check in was swift and courteous. The room was nicely laid out and very clean. A bit stingy on the tea and coffee facilities in the room and the bed wasn't very comfortable a bit like a wobbly jelly. The service in the bar was good in the evening but the price for two smallish glasses of pinot grigot at £6.50 each was a bit much! However we'd stay again as it was a clean, quiet, functional hotel at a very good price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank itsgottabehot
Thank you for your fantastic comments from your recent stay with us. You will be pleased to hear that we have recently introduced a Guest Information Tent Card on all tea trays to inform Guests that we can supply additional tea/coffee as well as deliver fresh milk to the bedroom along with decaffeinated and herbal options.

I have passed onto Housekeeping on how clean your bedroom was and instigated my Maintenance Team to complete a bed audit.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many thanks

Mark Langham
Irish Sea
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was a good hotel overall. Room was nice, although the air conditioning didn't work, so the room was rather warm; we opened the window and put up with the road noise (still slept pretty well). I didn't bother telling reception that evening as it would probably have meant we had to move rooms - I did tell them on departure though. Breakfast was excellent - A1; great choice and a good cup of coffee.

Several items had been added to my bill (I prepaid for the room) when I came to check-out; I don't know what these were and the chap at reception couldn't tell me. After several minutes, he managed to remove them and gave me a new invoice.

Room Tip: Check the air-con first!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lostintheirishsea
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn High Wycombe.
I appreciate all the comments you made regarding your experience at the hotel and I would like to apologise for the additional items on your bill. I would be grateful if you could contact me in order to provide further details of your experience with us. This will enable us to address any issues with the specific departments.
I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn High Wycombe.
Yours sincerely,
email:elena.corbioli@ihg.com
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Good hotel but check out took 20 mins and hotel tried to change us for supplements we hadn't had!!! Come off it!!

• Stayed March 2012
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Guest,
I appreciate all the comments you made regarding your experience at the hotel and I would like to apologise for the waiting time at check out. I would be grateful if you could contact me in order to provide further details of your experience with us. This will enable us to address any issues with the specific departments.
Yours sincerely,
email:elena.corbioli@ihg.com

Front Office Manager
UK
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I have stayed at and used this hotel many times and always has a very welcoming feel. We stayed in a family room, ground floor nearest the end of the hotel near the motorway. Rooms are spacious and well furnished. Bathroom clean and tidy, if not a bit basic. Beds are starting to show signs of wear and the usual parts of the bathroom were looking a bit grubby...silicone round the bath, towels with stains on. Had room service which was quickly delivered and hot and not bad value. The person delivering it though was not too friendly and was glad looking at them that they did not cook it... or hope they didn't. The hotel has a large car park, is 20 yds away from a major motorway roundabout. It is next door to a well known American restaurant and is a few minutes away from Asda. John Lewis Homeware store is close by. Ask for a room away from the motorway and get a good rate and you cannot go wrong. Breakfast is fine, if not a bit limited and the restaurant feels a bit like a canteen.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from motorway.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Scotland
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn with my partner and 10 year old son. (family room)
Very good stay, very professional reception.
Excellent room (clean and all facilities).
B-fast small servery, but everything you could want.
Very good value for money!!

Room Tip: Perhaps ensure that your room is not facing the busy M4
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JillyBeanScotland
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our reception team firendly and welcoming.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn High Wycombe in the near future.
Kind regards,
Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield
Rye Court Hotel
Rye Court Hotel
#7 of 14 in High Wycombe

Been to Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4? Share your experiences!