“Another good stay”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in High Wycombe
Irish Sea
“Another good stay”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel previously this year and a visit to Legoland meant I brought the whole family this time. We had selected a family room - which didn't disappoint. It was huge and even with the sofa bed set up, there was still plenty of space for the little ones to run around and play. Breakfast was excellent again. We will probably visit again in the near future. BTW, it's a good base for a visit to Legoland - if you use the backlanes rather than the M4, it takes about 20 mins and avoids the queues!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Great tip on how to get from the Hotel to LegoLand missing all the busy traffic, we will certainly share this with other Guests staying with us. I am pleased that the whole Family had a great stay at High Wycombe along with an excellent breakfast.

We look forward to your next stay.

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed here for one night as part of a Lego land holiday deal. We arrived quite late on the evening and was told our children was entitled to milk and cookies. We asked for these but they never arrived.
The hotel was very clean the rooms were spacious with comfy beds. I liked the fact you could select the firmness of your pillows.
Breakfast was really nice with a large selection.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us whilst visiting LegoLand. I am sorry to have read that your children's milk and cookies did not arrive from room service , which I have taken up with them to ensure that this does not happen again. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it was great to read how nice you thought it was. I do do hope we see you again soon.

Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Stayed here for 1 night recently for a wedding in the area. It may be right on the roundabout for Junction 4 but it's hidden away so well you wouldn't know you were next to the M40! Staff were welcoming although didn't tell us breakfast or check out times when we arrived.

Room and hotel in general were very clean and tidy. Room size was good for a standard room. Loved the "pick a pillow" feature as I do prefer a firmer pillow! Bed was comfortable and had a very good night's sleep. Our room was on the rear of the hotel next to the main road but the double glazing is so good we didn't hear the traffic. Complimentary tea and coffee went down well and there is always the Starbucks coffee downstairs if you can't stand instant.

Breakfast was amazing, a huge variety to choose from and very well prepared. The hot food was quickly replenished and the staff were continuously asking if you wanted more tea or fresh coffee. Used plates and cutlery were cleared away in a timely manner. We didn't eat dinner here but the restaurant looked busy as we left.

There is a Frankie and Benny's and TGI's nearby as well as an Asda for petrol, cash and anything you've forgotten.

All in all a very pleasant stay. Would recommend trawling a few websites to get the best price, we paid £65 for one night and breakfast where as the rack rate was about £125 just for the room when we went.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rubyeskimo
I hope you enjoyed the wedding that you attended during your stay at High Wycombe? Your feedback is very important and I have passed on your great comments to the Housekeeping and Breakfast Team. Hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes

Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Needed a hotel close to the M40 motorway before heading further south the next day. Got an amazing room rate for me and my wife that included breakfast. Staff were welcoming and helpful. The room was of a good size. Very clean and tidy as was the bathroom. Spotless. Bed was comfortable and had a good nights sleep. We didnt have an evening meal in the hotel, we chose to walk around the corner to a Frankie and Bennys which was also good value.

Had breakfast at the hotel which was great. loads of choice. I went for the cooked option which hit the spot. Only downside i would say is there were loads of tables in the restaurant that needed to be cleared before more guests could sit down to have their breakfasts. Only a minor niggle though. Next time we are in the area Im positive we will stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
It was great to read your feedback from your last stay at the Hotel. I have feed back your comment on the tables not being cleared quickly enough to Sarah my Restaurant and Bar Manager. I do hope that when you are in High Wycombe that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Many thanks

Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed here with my sister for one night as part of our London and Harry Potter Studio Tour break with National Holidays.

From first impression it is a nice, modern hotel, and this theme seemed to continue as we made our way to our room. The room was very spacious, clean, and had all the facilities you could ask for.

The beds were the comfiest I have ever slept on, and if you were unhappy about the firmness of your pillow you could even choose from a variety of different ones from a ‘pillow menu’, to ensure you had a good night’s sleep.

The dressing table was quite large and there were a few plugs near it, which was handy for when we wanted to use our strengtheners and curlers.

The TV was also large and mounted to the wall, which made for easy viewing, and it had all the freeview channels.

The wardrobe was the perfect size for if you were only spending a few nights there, and an iron and iron board were also hung up in there which I was grateful for.

The tea and coffee making facilities were nicely displayed on a tray, with a decent sized kettle and also wine glasses. A good little addition to the room was a small fridge which came in handy for us to store a few food items and drinks overnight and there was also a small safe.

The bathroom was a good size, and had a bath with a showerhead attached. It was very clean and there were some complimentary toiletries on the shelf, which we thought was a nice touch.

The evening meal was a buffet, which I have grown to like when I go on holiday, as you can have as much or as little as you want of the food on offer. There was a choice of a salad bar which was classed as a starter according to the waiters, but with the amount on offer, it was the best salad bar you could ask for, with a variety of items that could easily be made into a main meal. The main meal food was a carvery when we first went to the buffet section, but later on it changed to a curry, and it was really nice. As well as the buffet food, the chef also offered to make chicken and chips for the children who were on our trip, as they seem to have a policy that ensures they cater to all people, and I must admit that some of the buffet food probably didn’t appeal to the children.

The desserts available were incredible. They were quite small, but there was a variety of at least eight to choose from, ranging from your typical fruit salad to bakewell tart and strawberry mousse. I, like most people, tried the majority of them, and the were all delicious.

This standard of food quality and variety was also prominent during breakfast as well.
There was your typical English breakfast, toast, preserves, cereal and fruit juices, but to my surprise a range of croissants. There was plain butter ones, and also mini raisin and chocolate ones, as well as small fruit pastries. I always try the fruit salad available at hotels, and I must say that the one here was the best I have ever had. There was such a huge variety of fruit on offer, and even included a berry mix which I was surprised at. There were even whole pieces of fruit available including apples, pears, Satsuma’s and bananas. If you weren’t satisfied with what was on offer at the buffet breakfast, you could even order kippers, haddock, omelettes and other food items off a breakfast menu, which further supported my decision that this was definitely a hotel that catered to all tastes. I must also point out that the staff were all friendly and the waiters attentive, as they kept filling up our glasses with water, and bringing tea and coffee all the time.

Overall, I had thoroughly pleasant experience in the hotel, and considering I had only recently stayed in a 4* hotel in London, I think I am more impressed by Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much in taking the time to complete a review of your recent hotel experience at Holiday Inn High Wycombe. It was so great to read that you had a fantastic time with us and that the Team, food quality and Hotel exceeded your expectation.
I have passed on your compliments to all the Departmental Managers to thank them on your behalf.
The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon to High Wycombe.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2012

After staying at a 4 star Hilton at a cheaper rate, there is no comparison! Obviously set up to cater for business travellers & not holidayers. The room was clean & ok. Overall there was no extras such as a porter to help with luggage. Pricing was at top end of the scale & tea & coffee was included in the price of breakfast but had to pay an extra £4 for hot chocolate. Probably wont stay at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to spend completing a review of your recent stay at High Wycombe. You are absolutely right about this hotel not having Concierge, we do impress upon the Team at Reception to always carry Guests luggage if requested. Moving forward I have spoken to the Front Desk Team and agreed with them to always check if a Guest does require assistance with luggage during check-in, rather than waiting for a Guest to ask.
Thank you again for the feedback and I do hope that you will stay with us again.

Maidstone
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Needing overnight accommodation in this area for a family event a web search showed this Holiday Inn as giving good value for money at a reasonable standard, and this it delivered. Passing the hotel before noon on the day of our stay we took a chance and called-in to see if we could check-in early, probably more in hope than expectation. A very pleasant lady on reception 'phoned a colleague in housekeeping and all was sorted. No hassle so we checked-in to our average-sized, but well furnished, room. Returning late we had a reasonably good nights sleep, for although the bed was comfortable it could have been wider, and we are not large people. Given that most modern 'budget' hotels now run to king-size, or wider, beds this small double dated the hotel build and fitting-out. Breakfast was included in the rate, it was adequate and efficiently served. Check-out was swift. Given the rate we found on the internet this stay was very good value for money. As we have previously discovered 'budget' hotels are not always the cheapest, nor can they match the 'full-service' alternatives.

Room Tip: Remember the hotel is located immediately adjacent to a Motorway Interchange so inevitably some room...