“Same so and so hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in High Wycombe
Stockholm, Sweden
“Same so and so hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

I come here quite often, because it is very close to my UK office. A nice thing I noticed this time was that the room seemed a bit more modern, maybe even with some new furniture. The issues with this hotel stay the same anyway. Cold rooms with bad functioning AC, no elevator to the first floor (that has better rooms), and not so good attitude from the personnel. There are better options in Marlow to be honest.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback from your last stay with us. I was disappointed to read that you did not have a great time and can only apologise for this. There had been an issue with the heating system through the Air con supply which has been resolved. If you could email me direct at mark.langham@ihg.com to give me details of the bedroom you stayed in so that I may investigate further that would be great.

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
Stoke-on-Trent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

We have stayed here before and should have known better. On checking in I asked about breakfast and was told that it would cost me £21 for two. As we are pensioners, that is beyond my pocket. Then when I asked for a walk-in shower I was told that they didn't have any. As I am disabled, and can't step over the bath ledge, that meant no shower for me. But having said that, the room was spotlessly clean and the beds were very comfortable. And it was reasonably priced.

Room Tip: If you are disabled, give this place a miss.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor.
Unfortunately all our accessible rooms do not have a walking shower but just a lower bath. To help access the bath we can provide a bath seat.
Regarding the breakfast I would suggest you to include it in your room rate once you make the booking as this is usually our cheapest option.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.
Kind regards,
Elena
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stopped here on way to LHR. Very good location in easy reach of the airport without paying over the odds. Clean, friendly staff, good breakfast and on site facilities. No elevator to get to the room so had to drag bags up the stairs but ok as we are able to do so, could be a problem if you had mobility issues but you are asked at the time of booking. Shopping area within walking distance, Asda, and plenty of places to eat within a 5 minute walk of the hotel. Overall very good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tinamorgan991
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay here at Holiday Inn High Wycombe. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us especially breakfast. You will be pleased to know that very soon we are refreshing breakfast and adding some new cereals, breads and a pancake machine.
Hope to see you soon at the Hotel

uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Have used this hotel many times as have a family member in the uni and it is convenient. Was disappointed this time family room did not have sofa bed but a camp bed which was not suitable for a teenager whose age was on the booking. A wedding fayre took over the bar lounge area for much of the Sunday which left the residents sitting in the dining room. The restaurant has nice food ordered wedges and got chips followed by cheese and biscuits and got cheesecake? On checkout if you are on a meal offer check the invoice and know roughly how much extra you should be paying. I asked for mine to be checked and it came up £15 cheaper and what I expected. All in all not good experience and this will put me off returning with 2 Premier Inns in town.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Hotel. I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We have 7 family bedrooms which feature a sofa bed and all the other bedrooms if booked for a third person will only be able to fit a z-bed. We do recommend on our website that both the sofa bed and z-bed are only suitable for young children. We did have a Wedding Fayre on Sunday until 6pm, I have spoken to my Wedding Coordinator to see how we can change this for the future so as not to disturb our Hotel Guests, along with a notification on our web page.

Again thank you for your great feedback, Guests such as yourself allows us to ensure that we deliver a great Stay You at Holiday Inn.

Harleston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

On 20/10/12 we stayed at this wonderful hotel for one night
we had 23 clients including children. The hotel was outstanding with good levels of cleanliness and service and politeness .the layout is great with everything so accessible good parking as well.
HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE LOOKING FOR GOOD ACCOMMODATION

Thanks again Mr P Wilkie

Room Tip: bar and eating area outstanding with brilliant staff
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
It was great to read your comments about your stay just recently at High Wycombe. I have shared your review with the Hotel Team about how friendly they all were.

I hope to see you again soon at the Hotel

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

The stay was very pleasant, we were advised by a friendly receptionist that we had been allocated a room away from the motorway as we were staying from two nights, this we were grateful for, the rooms and corridors appeared well sound proofed. We opted for the B&B&D package. As the hotel was busy on the Saturday night there was a buffet style meal or you could order from the menu. The food on the buffet (dinner & breakfast) was very good and replenished quickly, although in both cases the waitress service was slow and disorganised. On Sunday night we ate a very good meal from the varied "Set menu" and enjoyed an organised breakfast. At check out we found our bill contained extra "restaurant" charges that could not be explained by the reception staff, the way they were handled suggested them to be a common issue/embarrasement. We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the motorway and facing the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at High Wycombe. I have passed on your great comments about the friendliness of the Team and the food quality both for Dinner and Breakfast. I am currently looking into with the Reception Team about your note on extra charges that went onto your bill when you had pre-paid dinner, bed and breakfast. This is something that has not come up before so I will investigate and resolve.

I do hope that we see you again soon at the Hotel.

Many thanks

Stratford-upon-Avon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

After five nights in two Marriott Hotels, a refreshing change!

Very clean, nicely furnished, pleasant bedroom, with the usual challenging hotel shower!

Good reception.

Good breakfasts and excellent dinners!

As a vegetarian, I was faced with the usual dreary veggie options, however, a most professional and pleasant waitress, Sophie, who clearly focussed on all her customer's dining requirements, presented various veggie options and managed the whole dining experience with extraordinary skill.

I hope that Sophie's talents are recognised by senior management.

The only snag, the Hotel is on two floors and no lift! I'm 81 and the absence of assistance necessitated a difficult time with my case....bedroom to car park!.

Room Tip: Two floors and no lift! The elderely should seek a bedroom near the Reception stairs! Or get an ac...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It was fantastic to read your comments about your recent stay at Holiday Inn. I have passed onto the Team about the great service, quality of food and cleanliness of bedroom. The Hotel is on two floors and unfortunately does not have a lift. We are however always happy to move Guests where possible and on your next stay with us, please phone ahead and we can pre-allocate a bedroom on the ground floor near to the public areas.

I issue out Thank You Cards to any Team Members that have been mentioned by Guests staying in the Hotel for delivering excellent Customer Service. I will ensure that Sophie has a copy of your comments along with a Stay Real - Be You, card from me.

I look forward to you staying at High Wycombe in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near High Wycombe
Travelodge High Wycombe Central
#3 of 17 in High Wycombe
Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow
Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield

Been to Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4? Share your experiences!