“A friendly welcome every time does make a difference.............”

Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in High Wycombe
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
“A friendly welcome every time does make a difference.............”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

With family in nearby Marlow finding somewhere so close at a great price is a great excuse to pay a visit more often, this was our second visit. This Holiday Inn is well kept and immaculately clean with good sized rooms and lots of free parking. All the staff greet you with a smile and take a moment to make sure that you are OK without being gushing. We got a great rate including breakfast, there was a good selection of hot, cold and continental items, I really liked the pancake maker! I'm not sure that I would have paid £14.95 though if it hadn't been in the room rate. We will be staying again.

Room Tip: Join the free IHG priority club to get the best deals
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
It was great to read your review from your recent stay here at Holiday Inn High Wycombe. Our award winning Holiday Inn Breakfast has some great changes for 2013 with the addition of the pancake machine which is going down very well. Do keep an eye out for emails from IHG Priority Club as you are right, there are some fantastic offers not just for the UK but also globally.
I look forward to your next visit at High Wycombe.

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Pros: clean, good sized room, good location, staff tried very hard to help (mainly without avail).
Cons: Internet £16, restaurant had ample space but for dinner they cramped approx 25 people into a small area as they had the other 80% of the restaurant already set up for breakfast. My main was foul, a prawn and mango salad where the prawns tasted as though they had been frozen for 18 years. Could not eat it. Dessert was a gateaux - from a packet.
Breakfast, I didn't have the cooked food but my partner said it was "poor" my only comment is there were black floaters in the apple and cranberry juice. Some Staff not fluent in English - which I don't mind as they were learning but I couldn't ask any questions about the meal as she didn't understand :( tried hard though
Stayed before, and this time was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Not 62 - it's by a noisy cleaners cupboard!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thank you for completing a review for your recent stay. I am sorry to read that your stay was not as great as last time. Today Monday 11th March, we have launched our new breakfast to enhance the offering on our previous standard. You will see fresh muffins, pancake machine, Greek and natural yoghurt, Granola as well as all the favourites. When you next stay with us please email me on mark.langham@ihg.com as I would like to invite you for complimentary breakfast so that you can see the changes we have made. I am currently investigating the linen room next to room 062 as there should be no need for any noise coming from this area.
Once again thank you for your valid feedback and I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Thanks

Travellers are raving about these High Wycombe hotels

Staffordshire, UK
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed one night while visiting my son in High Wycombe. Stayed on my own and felt completely safe. Lovely clean and comfortable room and got a great deal for only £39! Would definitely stay again. Cannot comment on food as didn't eat there.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
It was great to read your comments that you have posted on Tripadvisor from your recent stay at High Wycombe Holiday Inn. I look forward to welcoming you back soon when you are next visiting the area.

Ashford, Kent
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stayed here on a Friday night in February 2012. Got for an excellent rate of £31 a night. Hotel is located just off the M40 and next to a cinema and Frankie and Benny's restaurant. The room was adequate the furniture was slightly worn and could do with being replaced. Room was stifling hot when we arrived and we had to turn off the radiator. The air-conditioning system didn't work properly as well. Breakfast was extremely expensive at £13 so we went to Frankie and Benny's whom were doing a full English for £5!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time in completing a Tripadvisor review. The hotel is in a great location with easy access to M25, M40 and M4 and is a popular destination for weekends and weekday. I have noted your comment on the case goods in the bedroom, we do have a yearly maintenance schedule for all our bedrooms along with a planned refurbishment programme. It would be great if you could email me at mark.langham@ihg.com to notify which room number you stayed in. Our award winning breakfast is priced at £14.95 however on check-in you can purchase a voucher priced at £11.95 this includes full English and Continental buffet with pancake machine, fresh fruit, pastries etc.

I do hope that when you are next in the area that you will choose to stay with us again and thank you for your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

A group of us stayed here for our school reunion within the last two years. one thing I really like about the Holiday Inn is that is is so consistent throughout the world and I always feel sad when i try to stay at one of my old favourites and find that it has been bought up by a different franchise, inevitably with a drop in quality and consistency. Not so with the one in High Wycombe, which was familiar, like an old friend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear David,
Thank you for the taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor.
It is great to read that you consider the Holiday Inn High Wycombe like an old friend as it means that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are represented by all our staff.
Thank you again and I hope that we will have many more opportunities to serve you in the future.
Kind regards,
Elena
Kent
Reviewed 29 January 2013

The room was comfortable and check out speedy. However, the food in the restaurant was dire. I have stayed in various Holiday Inns and this was not a pleasanet experience. I returned my started as it tasted so awful. The main meal was better but not much.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mrrsdean
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Thank you for completing Tripadvisor. I am sorry to read that your families meal experience was not to our usual standard. Since your stay in October I have had a new Executive Head Chef start along with a change on our Great British menu of some of the dishes. It was great to read that your check-in with reception was speedy and the bedroom comfortable.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting your next stay.

Mark Langham
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The room was very clean, excellent bathroom. Staff always nice and friendly. Close to town centre.
This hotel is only 30 minutes from central London.No complaints, excellent nights stay at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Hotel. I have passed on your feedback to both Housekeeping for the cleanliness of the bedroom/bathroom and to the general Hotel team on their friendliness.
I hope that when you are in the area again, you will choose the Holiday Inn.

Also consider these accommodations in or near High Wycombe
Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield
Rye Court Hotel
Rye Court Hotel
#7 of 14 in High Wycombe

Been to Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4? Share your experiences!