“GOOD BUSINESSMAN HOTEL”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in High Wycombe
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“GOOD BUSINESSMAN HOTEL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

very good hotel for business - plenty of facilities for meetings and conferences. Very comfortable rooms - well located for Thames Valley and London.
Good snacks and coffee served for business discussions. Ample parking space. Near restaurants and cinema.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear EUREKYS, thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at High Wycombe. I hope that your business meeting went well in the Academy training and meeting centre located within the hotel. I have passed on your comments to the hotel team and I hope that you will use us again in the future.

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
Dawlish, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on night 1 of our 2 night break to Legoland. (Night 2 we booked in at the closer Maidenhead hotel which was perfect).

This hotel was lovely, albeit a little far to drive after a long day walking round Windsor. Saying that it was located near a Frankie & Benny's which we were very pleased about.

The staff were friendly as always. We are always pleased with these hotels. Much better value for money than Premier Inn.

• Stayed August 2013
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear adelleteresa, thank you for your feedback from your recent Legoland family break at Holiday Inn High Wycombe, I hope you and the family had a fantastic time. I am glad that we meet your expectations of a great Holiday Inn. You are right in that we are 18.5 miles away from Legoland which would be a journey time of about 25 minutes and do reflect this in offering great value for money.

I hope that you will use us again soon.

Louth, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is at a good location on the M40. We arrived and stayed one night in a standard double this was absolutely tiny. We asked for a bigger room and the helpful reception desk did help and sorted a room of a much better size. The breakfast to good and the evening bar menu ok if a little pricey.

• Stayed August 2013
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding a recent stay at Holiday Inn. We do offer varying sizes of bedrooms to cater for all our Guests, I was pleased to read that the Front Desk Team responded to your request in moving you to a much bigger bedroom.

Thank you again for you feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon at Holiday Inn

Bradford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

i am not the biggest fan of the holiday inn as i think they are extremely overpriced for what you get. i had no choice but to stay here as it was a late schedule change. I saw nothing here to change my view on the chain all very average. The breakfast was extremely disappointing, i recently stayed in a holiday inn express in aberdeen and was able to get as much cappucino as i wanted at breakfast, here you were giving a rather bitter cup of luke warm coffee and directed to the starbucks concession if i wanted anything else. cant say i will stop here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I was disappointed to read your review from an experience recently at High Wycombe. Our rates are flexible within the local market, a great tip is if you can book your room either 21 days before arrival or 7 days you can get some great discounts from our direct website. I am currently looking into the coffee offered at breakfast to see what I can do.

Thank you again for your honest feedback and I do hope that if you are in the area again and need a room that you contact me on mark.langham@ihg.com and I will sort something out for you with an complimentary Executive bedroom upgrade.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

As a musician, I travel across the country fairly often. I decided to stay here when playing a gig in Oxford. It was not much over 30 minutes to the venue, but was near to friends who live in High Wycombe, and whom I wanted to catch up with the next day.

On arrival, I found the staff incredibly efficient. As I booked the room online, the process of checking in was fast and I found myself in my very clean room quickly.

One of the great things about Holiday Inns' is that they are always pretty good sized rooms.

There has clearly been a refurb' done here recently. My room was modern, clean, QUIET, and the bed was comfy. One of the major things to look out for in a hotel for me is the effectiveness of the curtains/blackouts. Here, there was curtains and wooden black out screens, which helped ensure you would get a great nights sleep.

I slept soundly, and checked out easily the next day. Although I did n't eat in the hotel, the menu looked OK, and there is a Starbucks in the lobby that seemed pleasant. This seems to be a good place to stop if you are heading to Heathrow too, as it's only 40 minutes away and much cheaper than hotels on the airport. You could also easily get into London from High Wycombe, and the trains are regular and run until the early hours.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the courtyard. This will ensure you don't hear any motorway noise!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feed back from your recent stay at High Wycombe. I am glad that not only did you find the hotel a convenient stop over on the way to Heathrow Airport but also what a great stay you had. I agree with your tip for those Guests who are light sleepers always ask for the Courtyard facing bedrooms.

Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back at High Wycombe

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed here for 1 night ( 4 adults, 3 children) as we were all having a fun day out at Legoland the following day. Having travelled from South Wales. We were quite hungry when we arrived. Decided to eat in the bar area. The person tending the bar area was very jolly and pleasant indeed, nothing was too much trouble. He was run off his feet but still managed a smile and some banter. After retiring to our rooms we all had a very pleasant sleep. Breakfast the next morning was lovely. Loved the new pancake machine, however the waitress that was working in there (she was the only female member of staff working in there that morning) needed to get herself a personality and some customer service skills. We found her rude and abrupt, asking for some tea appeared to be an issue and her whole mannerism told us she was not happy in her work at which point I would suggest she find another. Overall served its purpose.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
Would you kindly be able to provide us with more information of when you stayed so that we can address your comments to the relevant staff members?
Please email me directly on elena.corbioli@ihg.com.
Thanks and kind regards,
Elena Corbioli
Operations Manager
Veldhoven, Nederland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We spent the night here after a wedding nearby. The double bed was good, breakfast as well, but we wanted to have a chai tea latte when we came back after the wedding, which was on the list of drinks...couldn't be done. One of our friends wanted a decaf tea...didn't have any...and in the morning at breakfast there was decaf tea...
Just a few thing that could have been better I think. Staff was very friendly though, and we would stay again if passing through. Not for a longer stay, we prefer something more personal.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrandMrsSomers
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor!
I am glad that you found our location to be convenient!
I appreciate your point about the drinks late at night and I have already spoken to the relevant people to get this fixed.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Kind regards,
Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield
Rye Court Hotel
Rye Court Hotel
#8 of 15 in High Wycombe

Been to Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4? Share your experiences!