Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4
Orbitz.com
Contractors Hotel(High Wycombe)
US$54
US$50
The Crown at Radnage(High Wycombe)
US$128
US$57
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Squirrel house(High Wycombe)
Malvern Guest House(High Wycombe)
TripAdvisor
The Bell(High Wycombe)
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsjohn lewistgi fridaysfrankie and bennystrouser pressroom rateconvenient locationbusiness tripbreakfast was excellentlounge areaplenty of parkingbar and restaurantstayed one nightground floorgood nights sleepdouble bedevening mealvery pleasant stay
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is a good three star establishment. We initially had a standard room that overlooked the courtyard, it was fine but the phone and safe did not work. Sam the duty manager dealt with the problems efficiently and moved us to an executive room which was no different in size but had an ironing board and robes.
The breakfast was O.K. but I have an aversion to cutting my own bread { all those hands that have touched it} please bring back bread roll and tongs.
All the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful.
Wifi was free as Ihg rewards club member.

Room Tip: Backing on to the courtyard is quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grotbags
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This chain hotel is typical of the brand and does nothing to differentiate itself from the rest. The room was fine and the food was as expected.

Rather surprised that having paid slightly more to include dinner and breakfast in the rate was then charged for having a standard (set menu) dinner. Apparently the allowance is £12 and if you have more than that you have to pay. This is annoying because it wasn't explained at check-in and it means there is no point paying the extra rate for the room - just pay for the meal when you have it - it costs the same and you can choose what you like.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the M40 and A404 sides are much quiter. Ask for one facing the inner courtyard. Wifi free to loyalty club members.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear AndyAquila,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel is conveniently located with reasonably nice lawned grounds.
The twin room I had was slightly cramped with no significant space between the beds. However the beds were comfortable, TV pretty good. Air conditioning great. Bathroom functional with a good shower.
However the room service was appalling. When I dialled room service (convenient hotline button on the phone yeah!) The phone rang for ages I mean literally more than 10 minutes. I decided to ring reception to ask them what had happened to room service. Yes you guessed right, no one picked up that call either!
In the end I walked to reception and asked what on earth was going on and was told to go to the bar and ask for room service there!
In the end the food was delivered to our room, but, it has to be said, it wasn't the greatest especially considering the price. A £6 (not including the tray charge) prawn & asparagus mayo sandwich should be awesome, but it was barely adequate. My son gave his 'cheesy macaroni' a paltry 6/10
My remaining gripe is the price of the wifi. £16 for 24 hours. Absolute rip off!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JeepneyJu
Richard M, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear JeepneyJu,

thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologise for the problems you encountered and assure you that we will be following up your comments to ensure we do not repeat the errors made. I am delighted to let you know that Wi-Fi is complimentary for all IHG Rewards members and you can sign up at the front desk to get immediate free internet access throughout the hotel.

yours sincerely

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Checking in was efficient until we arrived at the room and found we had been allocated two rooms. This was quickly resolved. The room was adequate for a short weekend, and convenient for access to the motorway and local facilities, although out of town.
All well until returning for the evening for a night cap. Whew prices! Double what I pay in my local.
On turning back the bed to climb in - bloodstain on the duvet cover!?
Immediately called reception. Recalled 15 minutes later to be told "We are very busy"! After a further 15 minutes a clean duvet cover arrived, which I helped change. (Taking into consideration the route march to some rooms, the second 15 minutes wasn't too bad). Difficult sleep.
This hotel has only its access to London and the motorway to recommend it.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a long walk from reception. Weekend case only.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rtewalker

Dear RteWalker,

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The team and I are obviously very concerned and disappointed by your comments and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these with you directly, I you can contact me at Richard.Metcalfe@ihg.com and I look forward to hearing from you.

regards

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean and the room spacious. Food good!
Staff friendly and great with kids.
However, the room bookings for the party I met with were generally wrong. They overbook, so if you are late checking in you may not get the room you want.
Also check your bill the computer system changed the room rate overnight. Fortunately spotted.
Also use Charlie's local taxis to get around. Hotel booked one far more pricey.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear JamesG

many thanks for your review of our hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the food and I would like to use this opportunity to apologise for any issues you encountered with your groups booking and we will be reviewing your feedback in our weekly management meeting to ensure that future guests are not in the same position.

regards