“A PLEASUREABLE STAY - COLIN”
Review of Chris's Motel

Chris's Motel
Ranked #13 of 18 High Wycombe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed for 4 nights as I am on a contract the other side of High Wycombe. The room was clean, the bed made up every day. The staff were very friendly (especially Jason) and the food was very good ! I would recommend the Steak and Steak and Kidney pies, they are excellent. A very pleasurable experience and I shall be back next week !

Room Tip: Pay a little more and you'll have more room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 November 2013

As a Business Traveler on a Budget I am looking for Value for money, A good nights sleep, Cleanliness and usually en-suite, this time I chose non on-suite. I received 5 star service on all three points. The room was smaller than most but was perfect for my needs and includes a wall mounted flat screen tv. The room was serviced every day and was spotlessly clean. The Toilets were of the same high standard. The separate single shower room looks to be a new addition and was of very high spec including a double shower cubicle with double shower head.There is a guests lounge with large plasma tv. I did not require breakfast as i had early starts (4am) but the Cafe was always full and the quality and portion size looked very appetizing! I stayed here for 9 consecutive nights and had 9 good quiet nights sleep. This Motel has been here for many years and unlike many independent hostelries the haven't compromised on standards to save money. They deliver exactly what the business traveler needs at the right price. well done Chris's Motel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

My room looked clean & bedding was fine but room did come with a couple of toenails, an empty drink bottle & a roach of some kind. Other bugs can be excused in hot weather but not roaches! Shared bathroom very clean, nice tv & tea/coffee in room. Good breakfast when i was eventually verified as a paying guest, maybe come up with a more efficient guest friendly system? Expect noise from truckers from the v early hours. Nice pub 1 mile away, nothing else. Matched my expectations for value

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stayed here a few times en route to channel ports and london airports.Basically a upmarket transport cafe,But a great place for a stopover.Rooms where pretty good sky tv free wi-fi.The best thing was the breakfast in an american style diner,Full english superb.Also look out for the red kites famous in this location they have actually been on the one show.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

For the price I paid, it was worth every penny - £100 for 4 nights (via lastminute.com), which included breakfast, Freeview TV & Wi-Fi. The staff were friendly and efficient. I paid for a single bedroom, space might not be a luxury, but I wasn't staying at the Ritz. The only real issue I had was the Wi-Fi, since it's open access, it can be a struggle to get an IP address. And they ran out of food once.

Location: It's a 25 minute bus trip to the city centre, but the bus (I used bus 40) runs once an hour make sure you know the timetable. You do have an option of 3 buses, but I only know the route of bus 40.

It's a bargain, if you don't mind sharing a bathroom, great value for money. I'll be going back next week.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Adaobi O
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

I had no choice about where I stayed a couple of weeks back. All the major hotels were full, but then I found Chris's Motel. Cheap because it's basically a place for truckers to lay there hat. Rooms are super clean, staff is friendly and the food is very good. First time I stayed here it cost me £27, which included breakfast and free Wi-Fi.

It's a great bargain if you don't mind sharing a toilet/shower and having breakfast with truckies!

I've stayed here twice now and will do again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013

OK so I have a week to stay somewhere relatively close to work ( slough).

So unemotional here are the bullet points of my stay :

Its a truckers hotel , no frills , hard working tradesman that just want to put their head down and don't care where it is as long as the price is right

Manager Jason is exceptionally nonchalant about customer service wants to do as little as possible and treats the guests like a chore, I asked for a room upgrade and he explained to me that it wasn't economically possible as they would have to change the bed linen .

There are no local amenities within walking distance , in fact you are nowhere near anything within walking distance.

Its a shared bathroom , and within my block there are seven people waiting to get a shower

Internet - I asked for the key to the internet and was turned down at first as it slowed the overall connection down .... bulls###

Water pressure is terrible as I having a shower was like having a dripping tap

I was told upon booking that if I wanted an evening meal it had to be before seven if it was a minute after seven I won't serve you. That left me feeling warm inside :-)

I do understand that in this economic time you have to dress up your business to get the punters in but at the same time you have to understand that you have to put the effort in and ignorance and slopey shoulders do not reinforce a forward thinking business..

If you are not a truck driver I would advise booking a premier inn at the same price but with a better environment.

My view fire and replace general manager if you can call him that and get someone hungry to get it right as it does have promise with the right commercials

Room Tip: Don't book a deluxe room , two beds stuck in the same area as the other area , plus trucks park...
Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business