Recently visited Dolce for the first time after reading such rave reviews. Really sad to say, it was a very disappointing experience.
+ Good location (with green in front of the restaurant)
+ Modern decor, outside seating area, website, etc
- We were really shocked to see a tub of Tesco Ice Cream being used for desserts made at the bar. The menu listed "Italian Ice Cream" so we expect to be served something other than what we can purchase in our local Tesco Express
- The Diet Coke was unpleasant, probably off a tap with incorrect ratios of syrup/carbonated water and the drink glasses were greasy with fluff/hair and dirt floating in them (the table's side plates were also greasy with fluff on them)
- We ordered the pizza for our mains, and I can only describe the taste as "cheese on toast". They did not use authentic buffalo mozzarella, but a standard mozzarella that you would get on a supermarket pizza - using the right cheese is a 1/3 of what makes a great and authentic pizza
- One of our pizzas had the addition of goats cheese, which was not listed on the menu - wouldn't necessarily be a problem, unless you don't like that additional item of course
- The table next to us made some complaints about their order, and overall, left quite a lot of food on their plates before leaving
- The restaurant was unbearably hot (no air conditioning), and we were actually sweating. I would have moved to one of the few tables directly outside the restaurant door; but these were being used by smokers
- There were a lot of takeaway pizzas being ordered/collected right next to our table. I felt that this undermines the restaurant experience - a disruptive chain of staff were constantly running up and down the restaurant taking pizza boxes from the kitchen to customers who were collecting, this was frustrating to see whilst we were waiting for our food.
All in all it was a big let down. The food was nothing special, the environment was hot and grubby, and the price was double what you'd pay at your local Pizza Express.
We would not return to this restaurant.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.