“Clean hotel and service without a smile”

and 1 more site!
Clifton Lodge Hotel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in High Wycombe
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We booked this hotel as we were visiting friends in the area and this Hotel had quite good reviews. When we arrived we were greeted by a someone who I assumed ran the Hotel but she didn't introduce herself. She wasn't very pleasant and I almost felt like an inconvenience as she explained the basics of our stay e.g. breakfast time, door code, location of our room etc. This further became evident when I later went down to ask if we could have extra pillows. She told us in quite an abrupt tone that they didn't have any and she would have to take them from another room. The room however was very clean and comfortable although my partner did find the bed a little hard but this is personal choice. I would however point out that the Hotel does say it's only a 5 minute walk from the city centre and unfortunately this isn't the case. It took us a good 30 minutes to walk into the centre. There was a good choice of breakfast when we went down the following morning and neither of us went hungry.

Room Tip: Be careful when booking as not all rooms have en suite. There is a communal bathroom and toilet wit...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Clif1, Owner at Clifton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your review. The Lady has left and we have brought the smile back. Thankyou

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Hotel aimed at travelling trades people rather than leisure. Beds poor. Hotel constructed from converted domestic properties, and the conversion is a little "creative" in places. Room contained an emergency exit and accompanying light which could not be turned off. Cleanliness OK, but everything could do with an update (like the sticky carpets). Not enough sockets in the room. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JoeGargery
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed here for work and enjoyed it. Nice comfy beds, the room was a little small but cannot comment on other rooms. Clean with modern bathroom. Free internet. Full English in the morning. What more could you want for the price? I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We needed a hotel in a hurry just 1 day before the weekend , all the usual hotels like Travelodge and Premier Inn were booked.This hotel did not disappoint,OK not top class but hey, the beds were comfy, the room was a good size on the ground floor and I have to say a large clean and very modern bathroom with a double size shower. Large car park at the rear set in a lawned area with table and chairs set out.
Breakfast was very good . If you want an evening meal you need to drive as there is nothing close by.
Very good price for a 2 night stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My partner and I have just come back from a very reasonable priced two night stay at the Clifton Lodge Hotel, the breakfast was nice on both mornings and the room we stayed in, which was in a separate building to the reception and dining room, (5a) was light and spacious with a large comfy bed, and an en-suite which had an amazing power shower. The only problem is the walls are very thin and could often hear the people next to us and above us, but other than that it was a relaxing place to stay and we thoroughly enjoyed it! We would stay here again if we need to stay in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I've been contracting in the area for the past few months and have tried several hotels in Wycombe, Reading and Henley and nothing comes close to the quality and value on offer at the Clifton Lodge Hotel.

I'm currently staying in a single room, which is spotlessly clean, comfortable and exceptionally well appointed for its price point with a modern yet homely feel. The room has a comfortable bed, wall mounted flat screen tv, tea and coffee making facilities and even complimentary biscuits! There's also a handy desk, wardrobe and free wifi, which is really useful for checking emails when out of the office.

The staff are polite and friendly, but not in your face. There looks to be a great bar and lounge area downstairs but I have yet to sample it!

For a few pounds less I have sampled another hotel on the same street, which I shall not name. My experience there was terrible. This hotel is worlds apart and feels like moving from Beirut to the Ritz! I shall definitely stay here again whenever I am in need if lodgings in the area.

I have no idea how people can give negative reviews to this hotel as it offers such a lot for such a fantastic price. The main selling point for me is it feels safe, with the front door locked on the evening and guests given a code to access. There is a large car park round the back that is nicely lit and you feel your car is safe.

The owners should be proud of what they have on offer. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will recommend highly to other contractors in the area.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sophieottaway
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The hotel is fine for convenience but wouldn't describe it as a enjoyable stay exactly. For nearly £5 each my girfriend and i ordered a continental breakfast and received toast only . There was odd yoghurt and bowl of pineapple ( i think) and no pastries or hams, cheeses , rolls . No worth the £9 extra for us. Also staff didn't seem that cheery or welcoming . Wouldn't stay again. Decent room and clean however.

• Stayed: May 2013