“Last ever time ordered”

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Last ever time ordered”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

After my last experience with Empire of India, I felt justified as I was moaning that the food made me feel ill when I saw their recent hygiene rating given by a visit from the EHO.
Not even tempted by the massive offer signs outside, the food and delivery service is just dreadful.
I won't be ordering a takeaway from this establishment until there is new ownership, plus there's a new one in the village now which is far more reputable!!

• Visited December 2013

“I wish I still lived in Tooting”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Delivery was 40 minutes late and the food was luke warm. The curry was watery. The chef was liberal with garlic which spoiled the daal. The saag paneer looked and tasted like cheddar cheese had been used.

The only dishes cooked well were the boiled rice, onion bhaji and plain nan.

Not the best choice, for my Saturday movie night.

London
“Let down by the service”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We'd had a few really good deliveries for here in the past but the last few times we've tried them, they really let themselves down.

Once we waited over an hour to be called back and told that it wasn't worth delivering at that time of night.

Last night we called at 10pm (they close at 11pm) to be told that everybody had gone home so we couldn't order anything.

Really disappointing and for this reason we will no longer recommend them and won't be using them ever again as they're too unreliable.

Visited July 2013