“Good option!”

Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Nanna Mexico was founded in 2005 to provide a healthy, affordable and delicious alternative to traditional fast foods. By using only the freshest ingredients, Nanna Mexico creates classic Mexican favourites like tacos, burritos, quesidillas and nachos. The Nanna Mexico lunch van visits business parks in and around the region Monday-Friday. On 5th May 2014, Nanna Mexico opened it's second restaurant in Cambridge at 29 Petty Cury and now the third one in Norwich, serving the same Mexican favourites as the Regent Street branch. We hope you visit soon.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good option!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Quick service, good food. It's hard to find decent Mexican food in Cambridge but this place does a nice job! I was reluctant to try because it always looks impossibly crowded but they have a big room upstairs with extra seating.

San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
“Nice Mexican option”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It's not a bad deal if you don't have anywhere else to go or you don't know any other place in Cambridge. It has nice food and good service. Simply "Yummy" :-)

• Visited August 2013
cambridge
“I don't want to be rude but...”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I went because I wanted to try tortas -Mexican sandwiches - of mole, an extremely rich, tasty Mexican chocolate and chilli sauce, which is one of my favourite Mexican dishes and which was on their website menu yesterday 29 June. I imagined myself arriving at their central Cambridge shop and the conversation going like this: 'Three tortas de mole to take away'
'No problem sir, that'll be seventeen pounds ninety seven,' (each one is 5.99 - extremely expensive as a torta in Mexico City costs considerably less).
Reality check - servers didn't know what mole is and had to check with a more experienced colleague who said 'it's off the menu - we need to update our website'.
Yes you do - and a restaurant that doesn't serve this quintessential Mexican dish yet claims to be Mexican... hmmmm!Patientas ever, I order three tortas chorizo, carnitas, vegetarian. I use the word 'torta' which means Mexican sandwich and which is on the menu board. Staff look at me like I'm speaking martian, not Spanish. Then one of them yells 'tortas!' at their colleague, probably feeling what I was, which was 'can't you understand your own menu?'
Now - the coup de grace.
'We only have one torta sorry - very busy today..'Your restaurant opens on Sunday, 1130am, remains open until 1000pm, the time is 445pm, in other words we are approximately half way through the working day and sold out! Who's in charge of supplies-anyone?
At that point I admit defeat, refuse the one torta and leave, but my quest for Mexican food is not over,because I know that they have another branch 5 minutes walk away.Did the staff mention that? Did they hell! Did they think to say 'we'll call our colleagues and get someone to walk your sandwiches over to you'
What do you think, reader?
Go over there, buy the tortas twenty three quid with toppings for three.
No mole, bread is nice but the fillings are not worth twenty three pounds I am sorry but I have lived in Mexico and am bilingual in Spanish and I know about good Mexican food. So far I've yet to see evidence of it outside of Mexico and the southern United States. Please - raise your game.I miss decent Mexican food and am losing the will to live.My advice - stick to fish and chips it tastes a lot better.Sorry to be negative but you are not doing your country's reputation any favours.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Tonatihue
Ely, United Kingdom
“First Visit”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

First visit to Nanna Mexico, very good stuff! It's cheap food done well, the decor upstairs is very trendy and I suspect will be packed at lunchtimes. I will definitely return with friends! The mild sauce is very mild, go hot...

• Visited June 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Decent tacos”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The store has a surprisingly good environment for a quick dinner, but for a fast food restaurant I feel the tacos, whilst decent, are just slightly more pricey than I would like.

Visited June 2014