“Service/food excellent”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2019

A last minute booking, chosen for the closeness to our hotel. Greeted by a charming barman, who made us two perfect Camparis with fresh orange juice in no time, and soon taken to our table. The restaurant is very nicely set out so that each table seems quite private. The menu was well balanced and interesting, a mix of very traditional Italian dishes and a few more standard modern British. My Crostini starter was very fresh and tangy tomato flavour, my partner's black pudding topped with Goats cheese a delicious combination. My poached salmon with creamy wine sauce was perfectly cooked and my partners tagliatelle very tasty. The service was friendly, cheerful and precise. Altogether a surprisingly good dinner and enjoyable evening.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 13 January 2019

We had lunch here and it was all fantastic from the moment we arrived until we left! The food was absolutely delicious and the home made pasta was to die for! this coupled with excellent service delivered by Steph made this a superb experience. I would definitely recommend a visit to this "gem of a restaurant". We will certainly return to dine next time we are in Cambridge.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

We had a really fantastic time at La Mimosa - we reserved but came quite late without even the slightest comment. Drinks arrived within seconds and the two additional seats that we needed added seamlessly. The food was delicious and my pizza world class. Congratulations for this gem in the Cambridge scene.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 19 December 2018

have been to this restaurant many times - its our favourite restaurant on the planet - excellent food and service as always - cant say anything bad about this place everything is perfect

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank MonkeyandFlea
Reviewed 29 November 2018

We went here for a meal a few weeks back and it was our first visit. It was amazing!!! The food was incredible, the service was amazing, we were made to feel very welcome, the atmosphere was lovely and cosy and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. I had the crostini to start which was amazing and then I had the pasta special for my main, lobster ravioli in a prawn sauce. Oh my god!!! I was in heaven!! I cannot rate this place enough. Only downside is that I live in King's Lynn and this place isn't closer to home or I would go all the time!!

Date of visit: November 2018