“Best Italian in Cambridge”
Review of Don Pasquale

Don Pasquale
Ranked #63 of 691 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A resounding Cambridge favourite since opening in 1973, Don Pasquale offers wholesome Italian favourites and warm family hospitality. Set within the hubbub of the historic market square, Don Pasquale guests can enjoy the parasol-sheltered outdoor terrace in summer, or the cosy charm of the cellar dining room. Alongside sumptuous antipasti, delicious pasta and freshly-tossed pizzas, guests can choose from the selective Italian wine list. A varied children's menu is also offered for younger diners.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Best Italian in Cambridge”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Superb food and service. Best Pimms ever! Staff were fantastic - very welcoming and friendly . Great atmosphere and located right in the heart of Cambridge. Perfetto!!

• Visited April 2014

• Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“So good, I featured it in my book!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have visited Don Pasquale a few times and each time I have never been disappointed in the food, wine, service and ambiance of the place.

Situated in the market square you have a wonderful choice of either being apart of the bustling atmosphere outside or the relaxing cool dining area inside. I dined on my own, but felt a part of the atmosphere.

Each visit has been so memorable that I just had to feature the restaurant in my Fictional books, An Acute Attraction & A Constant Attraction. I shall also be hosting my first ever book signing there. The Pasquale family have been amazingly accommodating and so for all of the reasons above, I can thoroughly recommend this wonderful restaurant for any occasion and any diner.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, service needs a little work”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We had a nice two course dinner at the restaurant one Saturday night. It was busy so I recommend booking.

Our visit didn't get off to a good start- when we first came in the man making desserts (counter right beside the entrance) made us feel like we were an inconvenience and wasn't very welcoming, he barked at us to wait and continued to go about his business.

Thankfully, it all got better when we got out food: we had a garlic pizza base and olives for starters. Garlic bread was a little too crusty for our liking but the olive mix was very good and different.

My penne del bosco was delightful, easily one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had. Spaghetti carbonara was just ok, nothing special though.

Overall, a good place to fulfil your Italian cravings with a pleasant decor and atmosphere, the only thing we feel they need to work on is the attitude of some of their staff.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

After a disastrous night in another Cambridge city centre restaurant we headed for Don Pasquale, never been disappointed superb food and service. Always good value for money.

Visited April 2014
Carlisle
“Best Italian food and service”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Every now and then you find a little gem and this is one of them !

We were a party of four and visited on two separate nights, Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th of March.
This was the best Italian food that we have had for quite a while. Freshly prepared and a total treat.
When the meals arrived you could actually smell them which is a good sign unlike the Italian Zizzi chain that we fell upon on the first night of our stay in Cambridge.
Great service, good food and nice surroundings.
Just wish we had been staying longer in Cambridge.
The service was excellent and the bill was very reasonable.

• Visited March 2014