“Great Leaving Do Dinner”
Review of Bangkok City - CLOSED

Bangkok City
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bangkok City Thai restaurant is a family run business. We have been trading for 21 years. We are secluded in green street surrounded by the Universities of cambridge. We serve traditional authentic Thai food. Thank you Bkc team
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Knowing their food mostly for having often ordered delivery, I called the restaurant to book my work leaving do party on a Saturday, with very little hopes as I know how difficult can be to find a place accepting reservations for such a large group on a weekend.
The kindness and availability of the owner was impressive! He reserved the downstairs room for us, which looked very warm and cozy and gave us the perfect intimacy and freedom.
Even though we were a big group, the service was efficient and quickly handled and the quality of the food excellent as usual.
Thank you again for the great night!

Serena

1  Thank Ghnomia
Ugur S, Owner at Bangkok City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

HI there,

We are Bangkok City are happy that you were happy with your evening. please join us again soon as a thank you to your your party of friends we would like to offer you a bootle go house wine free of charge. hope to see you again soon. Have a good evening kindest regards
BKC team.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am not usually one to write reviews on tripadvisor but the service I received was so poor I have been prompted to write one. I am sorry to say that as an (ex-)Bangkok City regular, I will never be coming again. In the past I have been willing to overlook deliveries that were 30 minutes late, orders that were taken incorrectly and generally poor service. However, what has really been awful was the under-cooked chicken which was raw in the middle. When I phoned the owner, I was treated without the kind of respect that a regular customer should not get (hopefully more experience for this relatively new manager will iron-out this massive crease...). Cut your chicken pieces in half before you eat or even better, avoid this place!

3  Thank HSiCh555
Ugur S, Owner at Bangkok City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hi again

I did write a review on here a couple of weeks back. Trip advisor didn't except my management response but for some reason,for data protection,they wouldn't review it.
Undercooked chicken is a under statement!
Our food is health and safety regulated! We wouldn't be in business other wise.
Food that leaves Bangkok City Restaurant is cooked well over 75 Degrees this is by law!
So it brings me to say that if we send out uncooked chicken we would be out of service!!!
We know who you are so, thanks for your review, we learn from our customer reviews wether there right or wrong. Your opinions count to us, weather they are genuine ,or out of this world.

Thank you.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We visited this restaurant this evening with our 1 year old son and were very disappointed. The staff made it clear that they did not want us there. The service was terrible - not a smile in sight and we felt like an inconvenience.

The food was generally bland and pretty flavourless. The pad thai was ok but the rest poor. The staff were totally disinterested that we had left almost half the food and despite such poor service attempted to charge us for service that needless to say we did not pay.

I wish I had read the recent reviews on here before visiting because we wouldn't have bothered.

4  Thank Maidment R

Hi there

I would like to start off by saying thank for dinning
At our restaurant. I'm trying to take in what you mean
By that your family group was of inconvenience?

We at Bangkok city are a very happy team. We have
Regular team meetings to ensure that we treat customers
All the same ,couples and families. We give 100% on our customer
Service. This has really confused Me by reading this review?
By looking at the date this was a Saturday which is one of our busiest
days and nights.
But never the less, this doesn't mean will can't look after
Our customers or treat them as a inconvenience? This isn't true!
We look for repeat custom and respect each and every
Person/ customer that comes through our door. Our food is traditional Thai
Food and every one has there own opinions.
We learn and always improving our system in the environment
That we live in. I have shown this review to all my waitering staff
And we will go on from here. I would like to say sorry, that your experience wasn't
Up to your satisfactory
Thanks

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit. I was here for a meal with my family. On plus side good customer service. The place is on a busy side stree and tiny and cosy. Place decprated to resemble Thai. But could not see any Thai person working there. They have long menu to confuse things in the first place. Anyway Do not expect Thai food experience here, this is not Thai food at all. Food is very oily and tasteless. I wonder chef is not Thai?

3  Thank hans9821

Hi there

Thank you for dinning at Bangkok city restaurant
I would like to apologise if it didn't seem Thai?
It definitely is Thai because what you ate was Traditional
Thai food. Cooked by profession Thai chefs! We live
In a modern world and a multi cultural society so if the
Down stairs staff didn't look Thai, i can tell you the food cooked
that you ate, was By our traditional Thai chefs, p Mon, and p Nuch,also p Kam.
We have been trading for 21 years in traditional Thai food.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Dropped in on the spur of the moment and my wife and I both had the two-course lunch special. Satay to start was bland and the main courses really lacking in flavour, surprisingly for Thai food.

1  Thank Nick C

Hi there

I would like to thank you for dinning at Bangkok
City Restaurant. I've been working in the restaurant
Trade for a long time and some customer prefer to
Keep there opinions to them selves rather then communicating
In the human nature. People have forgotten to communicate
When we ask customers how was your they say,yeah it's nice
Or it's was ok? In this case it's written on tripadvsior for people to
To read. This is your opinion and I'm sorry you feel this
Way. Bangkok city has been trading for 21 years so what else
Could be said.
Thank you for your opinions we will learn, from this. every customers critics are taken
As a good will learning.