Abbeyfield Guest House
US$252
US$242
Doubletree
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$148
HIExpress.com
US$170
The Lensfield(Cambridge)
US$202
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$236
US$156
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$53
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I recently had the misfortune of spending the night in this establishment, the level of filth and state of disrepair was ridiculous. There were 7 of us so we had 2 rooms. The first room didn't even have a shade around the lights, the second had a sink yet no running water and in both rooms the carpets were torn and rucked up, the Walls were covered in dirt and stains with paint peeling off the Walls. The bathrooms and toilets were communal for the whole house and disgustingly dirty. the toilet had not been cleaned since I don't know when, there was excrement dried all around the bowl, and everything was dirty and dusty. The bathroom was so bad that not 1 of our party would actually shower there, there was grime around the bath, the plug was full of gloopy glump and hair and when the shower was turned on the water came out of where the hose attached rather than the shower head. The place should be shut down, the only slightly positive thing I can say is the bed linen was clean, everything else about the stay was horrendous, stay here at your own risk!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Loopdyloo
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I booked a nights stay direct from the Abbeyfield.com website a few weeks before I stayed there.

I used my credit card to secure the booking. A few days after our stay I received a txt saying my flights to Dubai had been booked and I would be flying the next day. My bank called later that day and explained someone had tried to spend thousands of pounds on my card on flights, hotel comparison websites and at another guest house in Cambridge!

George the owner only excepts cash and I hadn't used my card in months before or after I had made the secure booking .. I was confused and wondered if maybe someone had taken my card on the night out and got my phone number aswell?

It turns out the other charge from the other cambridge hotel is also owned By George. He denies any knowledge of this charge and couldn't explain why or what had happened... I'm yet to hear back from him...

This guy is clearly a criminal and I have passed on all his details to the police and the Fraud department of my credit card company. Luckily for me all my funds have been refunded by my bank and I'm glad I didn't use my debit card to secure the booking.

How this man is still in business let alone not in prison is beyond me. SCUM

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 19 June 2013

George the owner is one of the shiftiest characters I have ever met. His very poor English does not help either and he sounds like a member of the Mafia.

The place we stayed in was a complete disgrace and should be condemned. It is filthy , the bed we attempted to sleep in was broken. The so called kitchen was a poor joke. The inside of the microwave had not been cleaned since the date of purchase in the last centuary. The toilet and baths are totally inadequate for the size of the dump. George is only there to grab the money and run and is never seen.The carpets are old, smelly and like strands of poorly laid string. The garden is overgrown . There were no bedside lights in our room. A pigsty would feel insulted.

NEVER NEVER NEVER go near.

Room Tip: you must be a masochist to even consider the place
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank clive r
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We couldn't be MORE disappointed in ANY accommodation in which we've EVER stayed! We actually couldn't bare to stay; we spent every minute in the common area (freezing because the heat was non-existent!) trying to find alternate boarding. Tremendously dirty floors, dirty cups/dishes, moldy (BLACK MOLD!) bathroom; we PAID for a room for 2 nights and couldn't bare to stay there one single minute longer than it took us to find a room in Cambridge. We left promptly at 10:15 pm (on the eve we arrived) via cab, with our 9 and 12 year old girls in-tow, in freezing conditions; it was truly THAT BAD! We are utterly disappointed and felt that the website and description of the lodging we were provided led us completely astray from the reality of what was actually provided.

Furthermore; the fact that the proprietor pushed our concerns aside when they were presented to him made us feel totally disregarded. We mentioned several issues which were promptly and easily pushed aside. Completely unacceptable!

Unfortunately, the "zero" star rating wasn't available, had it been we'd not have hesitated to make use of it.

Horribly disappointed in everything that had to do with this transaction...everything. 160 pounds (cash mind you!) gone to never be seen again. Beware of the "cash only" policy; it's there for a reason-so there's virtually NO recourse to recover one's hard-earned money. Unbelievable.

We wish we'd had a better experience and could pass-on warm encouraging words of our stay, but it's simply not possible.

Regards,
George and Shannon Ross

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank George R
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed here last weekend for a friends hen-do. Albeit the fact that we wanteed somethig cheap and cheerful we certainly did not intend on sleeping in a squat!!!
Where do i begin, thinks it is best said that the only good part was a partially clean bed.....and that we were only staying for one night.
Delayed check-in as the owner did not turn up on time. He wanted his money straight away and then he left. Felt very unsafe as he did not say how many others were staying in the "squat" that evening.
So bathroom - did not use as hairs, mould, dirt, cob-webs everywhere, totally minging. Also only 2 for the house to share amongst everyone, oh and no toilet roll.
Bedroom, 2 televisions one with a big white smear down it a wardrobe or bui.t in cupboard formt he seventies with what looked like a rubbish bin emptied over the floor of it (did not use) no cups for tea....quite grateful as i know that they would have been filthy, no running water in the room although there was a sink!! A lock on the door that was difficult to use. Filthy curtains and net. Everything was dirty unkept and vile!!!

Breakfast room - pass as we were not even going to risk it.

I only feel very sorry for the maid of honour who took the time and effort to look for somewhere and book it to get this.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends