“I'll Be Back”
Review of Canterbury House

Canterbury House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Canterbury House
Ranked #69 of 126 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very clean and quiet. It's on a very quiet street just off the main road. The walk from the Canterbury to Trinity College took about 12 minutes at a fairly brisk walking pace.
My single room was small but just right for my needs. The proprietor, Steve, was extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast was very good and the room price was very good as we'll. I've stayed at several B and B's in Cambridge but this is one that I will come back to on my next visit.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are downstairs rooms, but if so the upstairs floor creaking could bother y...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Needed somewhere last minute. This place is plain but spotlessly clean, everything you could expect from a B&B. On the down-side the curtains are thin, so if light bothers you take an eye mask, and I found the traffic noise (or something - couldn't quite work out what it was) intrusive; and having moved rooms on the last night and been out late the night before, I wasn't too chuffed to be woken at 7.15 by the radio blasting away in the kitchen beneath me. Not the best breakfast ever, but perfectly adequate. But the positives far outweigh the negatives: great water pressure in the shower, a flickering light-bulb was noticed and fixed before I could say anything, comfortable bed and pillows (tho' one more per person would be good), plenty of electric sockets, well-placed light switches, good wifi, thoughtful touches like herbal tea-bags, mug as well as cup provided, hairdryer, map of the city, plentiful, good quality coathangers, plentiful mirrors, access to the attractive garden and living room, other guests very friendly but not intrusive. And so very very clean - Steve obviously works very hard at this and it pays!

Room Tip: I was in two, both excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ros601
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I was looking for a nice bed & breakfast near my college (Murray Edwards) for my mom and my sister for a few days. After checking the B&Bs and Hotels in the city center I found this amazing place. First of all it is not directly at Huntingdon road, so rather quiet, compared to e.g. Benson House. Second the rooms were really clean, they looked well maintained and also the linen and towels were perfectly clean. Third the price is below the Cambridge average and Last but not least the owner (?) Steve is a really nice guy. Very helpful and kind. And the breakfast he prepared was amazing (I tried it myself :) ). The walk down to the city center takes about 15 min. You pass several good pubs and a few really good restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nefatina
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Convenient location, just a short walk from city centre. Owner moved his car so that we could park off road. Double room had recently been renovated and was very comfortable. Very good value at £70 a night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I'm not sure why there are so few reviews about this B&B, it will be one of my top choices the next time I visit Cambridge.
I stayed there for three nights on a single room at 45 pounds per night, a reasonable price for what is offered and cheap compared with other places in Cambridge. The room was large enough for one person, with a comfortable bed, tv, free wireless, clean bathroom and good heating. The breakfast is basic but nice, they also serve a typical English breakfast but I didn't try it. The house itself is in a quiet street a bit far from the city centre (20 min walk), but there is a bus stop close by, and shops and colleges at 5 min walking distance. I give it four stars mainly for the good value (much better quality/price than other places in Cambridge), cleanliness and the relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Great, I can't fault, it. Comfortable and very clean. Nice choice for breakfast in pleasant surroundings, located well away from noise but close to city centre, A14, science park. Very friendly owner will go out his way to make your stay pleasant. Would reccommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I had a job interview in Cambridge and needed to spend the night. I wanted something inside the city and within walking distance of the centre. Also, not expensive and with wireless (a must).
There were cheaper options, but they were booked, I search the next price level and this popped up.
The place is a bit tucked away inside a residential area, not the easiest to find, but on the bright side its quiet.
The single room, was well appointed (for the price point), en-suite, tv and desk. With the free-wireless thrown in its a very good option for those travelling solo or on business.
The owner (?) was very polite and accommodating, a real plus.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business