“Decent food and music.”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Very expensive and pretentious portions. Started to rain which ruined things, having dropping on our table. With god knows what dripping from the tarp and in to our food and drink.

Service was fairly poor, had to beg for drink when empty and just a bit lack lustre.

3  Thank Kieran D

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Husband and I came here for our wedding anniversary dinner before going to see a Shakespeare play. We were early so the only people in the place and resisted the pressure to sit outside. Once ordered the white wine came which was served in warm glasses making it taste nasty. The meals then came which were cold, and only lukewarm in the middle. Could have been nice but there is no excuse for serving cold food in an empty restaurant! I had pasta with mushrooms and asparagus, the asparagus was way over-cooked. I'd hate to see what the meals would have been like had it been busy.

They also charge a 10% automatic service fee so should have brought the change back and let me decide if I wanted to leave it as a further tip - I didn't.

9  Thank GypsyRose79
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just a quick lunch of salad and a few fries at their outside tables, which are a nice place to sit and watch people go by. Quick service, wine ok, but salads not great because no dressing put on, or offered! First time I've encountered that in an Italian restaurant! Had some fries which were good but not well salted (and no salt on table), as was coffee afterwards. Reasonable price, but only an ok meal because it was possible to sit out in the sun. I'd hesitate to return with so much of a choice in Cambridge.

2  Thank AlbionGirl58
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Visited with my husband and twelve year old granddaughter. Shown quickly to table and given menus straight away. order taken but asked for diet coke but was given original! not so great if your diabetic. Prawn Risotto was lovely but way too much rice. £14.00 was a bit steep for a few clams two large prawns and 'fish' flavour. Sea bass and chargrill vegetables with balsamic vinegar was very good beautifully cooked £8.00 fair for a small portion .Linguini with mushroom sauce small portion £7.00 had the thumbs up from Granddaughter. Served with four slices of garlic bread (looked like ordinary bread with garlic spread) but pleased everyone.
The ambiance outside is just too noisy and your close to your neighbour's and if they are loud good luck.
The tables were nicely laid and the white wine is served in beautifully shaped glasses , nice attention to detail. The bill came with a 10% service charge added but our waitress was extremely good ( apart from the coke). Be aware CASH ONLY NO CARDS . average bill for three no starter no pud £46.00

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Had the unfortunate experience of dining here last night with my wife and our 2 yr old. This had to be the worst experience I've ever had of dining out in Cambridge in the 15 yrs we've lived here.
We were initially lured in on the promise of a small pizza for our son only to be informed, once sat and drinks were ordered, that no pizza was available in the evenings. Cue a series of confused waiters trying to take our order but not really listening and further promises of a childs pizza.
Then the food started to arrive and things got worse. First they bought our sons adult sized pizza (with a frankly embarrassing amount of cheese) 15 mins before they bought out the other meals, so we ended up having to take turns eating our own meals as he was understandably finished and bored by that point.
And our meals were a similar quality to the pizza. Although the fish my wife had was fine but nothing special, my chicken pasta was over-cooked and had a bone in it. It was also a tiny portion even though I requested a full portion rather than a half.

At the point of complaining the waiter appeared shocked but offered no kind of apology or discount, he even had the cheek to walk off with my change until I stopped him!

I would never eat here again, and nor would I advise anyone else does. There are so many good restaurants in the city I would advise you take a 2 min walk and head to De Luca's or Café Sicilia, both far superior places in every respect.

10  Thank MicC2002