“Good atmosphere, excellent value, tasty food”
Review of Earl of Derby

Earl of Derby
Ranked #345 of 711 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went to this pub early evening for some good and a drink before a concert at the nearly Junction. Very pleasant atmosphere inside, no loud music, managed to get a table (it is not the largest pub) and enjoyed a good pint while deciding on food. In the end, we plumped for a couple of mixed grils and a nachos sharing plate. The nachos came first, it was a huge portion, with a delicious chilli in the middle - very impressed with that. The mixed grills were excellent too - lots of meat, very tasty, overall good value. They even cooked my steak rare (asking for a rare steak in a pub mixed grill usually makes no difference, it always arrives as a medium). The staff were polite and helpful, and overall we had a good experience, so much so we went back after the concert for "one of the road". Heartily recommended!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and I spent several weeks in Cambridge, and we enjoyed the full English breakfast here on three mornings. The service is fast and friendly, and the food is tasty. My one complaint is that the self-service tea wasn't terribly hot by 10 am or so when we would arrive to eat. I wished they had refreshed the pot more often.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We had a room above the pub itself so it could be a bit noisey especially on a Saturday music night, but the trick is stay up have a some beers and enjoy the music in the bar, this is a great place and I rate it very highly the rooms are very well equipped and clean, small critisism they could do with putting some drinking glasses in the room easy I would think as it's a pub, but I nit pick, Great Place good value friendly staff in this well run pub cum hotel "ette"

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This irish pub has a lively ambient...people drinking and talking...I had a nice burguer in there and the price is fair!
The Irish flag in the roof is a detail that draw attention about where they are from...I guess that is the reason of the lively ambient.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Unlimited coffee with the immense breakfast, full full english. really tasty liver & onions with mash. and all reasonably priced