“Mediocre food, Terrible staff attidude and appauling service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #406 of 677 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Mediocre food, Terrible staff attidude and appauling service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I visited this pub on Saturday 22nd March for a quick cooked breakfast before a day of shopping in Cambridge. I had the full English which was of mediocre quality (service lacking a smile also let this down), I then decided to stop a little longer to watch the Arsenal v Chelsea match. However, this was soon cut short as I witness what can only be described as the worst example of behaviour from a 'manager'. Two young lads were mid conversation with their friends who had purchased breakfast and the 'manager pranced over to them and very rudely demanded they leave, despite the fact they clearly wanted to order drinks/food. This clearly left the two lads very humiliated and it left a very unwelcoming atmosphere in the bar. I left shortly after and I certainly wont be returning, nor recommending this place to anyone else.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Horrific discriminating customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Living at CB1 student halls next to this pub, we have visited it on a number of occasions enjoying food and drinks. Today we went to the pub to watch the football match arsenal vs chelsea, as we entered we saw two friends and joined them as they were enjoying their cooked breakfasts. Whilst watching the game for a mere 3 minutes, conferring what breakfasts we were about to order with drinks, we were approached by the pub manager, as he stood in front of the TV and asked us to leave in front of the entire pub, full of people watching the game. I quote the barman "you have been 5 minutes and not ordered anything, you two, get out" feeling completely embarrassed we tried to reason and ask if we could order our drinks and food and the barman insisted no, get out. I have never seen such customer service and will never be attending this pub again. We have a large friends base who used to use this pub and now will not because of these actions. If I could have given this pub a 0 rating, I would have.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Matt M
Reggio Calabria, Italy
“Real taste of England”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was here during my studies. I tried a lot of pubs in Cambridge but I think this is the best in Cambridge for my Italian taste. The English courses are very good and the environment is in perfect English style. Definitely good food and cheap. If you are in Cambridge, try this one.

• Visited March 2013
Barcelona, España
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service. Bad, very bad.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Last evening, some friends we met in this bar for a few beers before heading to dinner. After a while the owner, came to our place asking if we wanted to drink something more. We politely decline his offer, as we were about leaving in five minutes for dinner somewhere else. (Kitchen was already closed in that bar). Then the owner asked us to leave the restaurant immediately in a very rude way. We decided to go. This behaviour was unacceptable. Yesterday we only were 7 friends, but normally we are a group of 30-40 people consuming and moving around all the pubs in Cambridge every week and this one was the first one and we hope the last one that treat us like that.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank A12FLY
“Terrible Burgers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

The burgers in this pub are terrible, very cheap patties and buns and comes with under seasoned and warm fries. Pub is nice and staff friendly but poor food!

• Visited February 2014