“Tenderness Issue”

Ranked #16 of 711 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$20 - US$26
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill, with its cavernous loft-like vibe, quayside location and creative crowd, has become one of Cambridge's premier restaurants. Located close to the bustling town centre, in a riverside spot opposite Magdalene College, The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill is a popular choice for special occasion dining and drinks. The Grill serves the very finest prime cuts of beef, aged for 28 days and sourced from local farms. The menu includes a large selection of cuts, from a classic porterhouse to a tender fillet or indulgent chateaubriand for two. Burgers meanwhile are freshly made on the premises and marinated chicken and fresh fish come straight from the signature grill too. Though based around the steak, The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill caters superbly for vegetarians, serves sublime desserts and prior to your meal we heartily recommend enjoying hand mixed cocktails in the bar, the ideal start to any special evening.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Friendly service from the italian manager.
The 16 oz Rump Steak, tasteful meat notwithstanding a little bit nervous.
Good atmostfere, impressed

1  Thank Romadebi

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Light airy restaurant on two floors next to the river. Excellent steaks and seafood. Friendly efficient staff and charming, helpful young manager. This was our second visit and we were not disappointed.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

It was a bank holiday weekend, we had booked, the room upstairs was nice enough. The food was OK, but our expectations had been raised by the reviews here. My younger son's ribs were fine, but my older son's burger was too rare for him - we weren't asked how we wanted it. When I pointed this out I was offered a free dessert, however we weren't staying for dessert. My wife and I had chateaubriand, which should always be special! In our case, it was dry and lacked the flavour one would expect. Perhaps we got them on a bad day, but, to my mind, it was nothing special

1  Thank K B
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Ok so this place gets four from me. My husband had porterhouse steak and I had the whole grilled lobster. Both meals were thoroughly enjoyable and we tried each other's. The one tip I would give is to substitute your chips for the wedges. They were great but then I'm not a chip fan. The desserts were wonderful although maybe a little overpriced. Absolutely lovely staff, friendly and accommodating but stayed away for long enough without you having to wait for long when you wanted something. The only bad point, we had the window table and that was lovely but definitely a bit of a bug problem along the window. I mean little flies but that was a little off putting.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The restaurant is right on the river Cam but the only ones who can get a peek are the people sitting next to the single window in the whole place. Service was good. The steaks are done nicely. The only thing I dint like are the deserts. They are store bought and not fresh at all. The tiramisu tasted horrible.They are expensive too.

1  Thank bhavana m