“Lovely food with lovely views”

River Bar Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #15 of 693 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill, with its cavernous loft-like vibe, quayside location and creative crowd, has become one of Cambridge's premier restaurants. Located close to the bustling town centre, in a riverside spot opposite Magdalene College, The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill is a popular choice for special occasion dining and drinks. The Grill serves the very finest prime cuts of beef, aged for 28 days and sourced from local farms. The menu includes a large selection of cuts, from a classic porterhouse to a tender fillet or indulgent chateaubriand for two. Burgers meanwhile are freshly made on the premises and marinated chicken and fresh fish come straight from the signature grill too. Though based around the steak, The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill caters superbly for vegetarians, serves sublime desserts and prior to your meal we heartily recommend enjoying hand mixed cocktails in the bar, the ideal start to any special evening.
Essex
“Lovely food with lovely views”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We visited Cambridgeshire for our ninth anniversary. My husband booked this place after reading revues in trip adviser. The place did not disappoint. We ordered a selection of starters....too many but my husband likes to try a bit if everything. The nachos were lovely, I had mussels which again were really lovely and my husband had a chorizo Yorkshire pudding which sounds odd but tasted delicious. For main my husband had ribeye steak with chunky wedges. The meat and wedges were lovely. I had a fillet steak with normal chips. We had a side of the mac n cheese with lobster in it and it was delicious. We also ordered mushrooms as a side dish and they were also lovely. We shared a dessert which was an Oreo cheesecake with orange flavoured mascarpone cheese......it was delicious although I could only manage a mouthful as I was too full up from dinner. The burgers being served upto other tables also looked really nice.....next time we comeback I will be sampling one of those!!

1 Thank Nelli8

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Steaks”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had two steaks and they were both perfectly cooked and tasted amazing I have had steaks at a lot of fine restaurants and this was defiantly up there with the best of them

1 Thank Neil A
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Amazing cocktails & Lobster mac.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Fabulous food, never been disappointed with any thing ordered here.Lobster mac is my absolute favourite, lovely steaks and Sunday lunches-Oh and great staff too!

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great steaks and lovely view of the river”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I visited this restaurant as a result of a Google search for 'good steaks in Cambridge' and was not disappointed! My husband and 17-year old son also enjoyed their steaks and our dining experience was enhanced by a great view of the punters on the river. Really nice restaurant with great ambiance and service. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars was because the chips/fries weren't great but that might have just been on the day! Well worth a visit as my fillet steak melted in the mouth!

1 Thank Lizzie709
Enfield, United Kingdom
“A lovely Sunday find”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

A fantastic find in the heart of Cambridge, with beautiful views, a fantastic menu and excellent staff. Quite a price, but it's not unreasonable given the food.  The staff are lovely, engaging and want you to have a fantastic experience

Visited May 2014