“Great Food, Great Drinks And Great Service!”

River Bar Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #16 of 711 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$20 - US$26
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill, with its cavernous loft-like vibe, quayside location and creative crowd, has become one of Cambridge's premier restaurants. Located close to the bustling town centre, in a riverside spot opposite Magdalene College, The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill is a popular choice for special occasion dining and drinks. The Grill serves the very finest prime cuts of beef, aged for 28 days and sourced from local farms. The menu includes a large selection of cuts, from a classic porterhouse to a tender fillet or indulgent chateaubriand for two. Burgers meanwhile are freshly made on the premises and marinated chicken and fresh fish come straight from the signature grill too. Though based around the steak, The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill caters superbly for vegetarians, serves sublime desserts and prior to your meal we heartily recommend enjoying hand mixed cocktails in the bar, the ideal start to any special evening.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend visited for a meal, it was our first time visiting the River Bar Steak House and Grill and I have to say we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, the food was great, the drinks were great (we found ourselves working through the cocktail list and even sticking around after the meal for a few extra drinks) hats off to the bartender, and the overall service was amazing! The staff were constantly trying to make the experience as joyful as possible, they really tried to go the extra mile. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great food with some great scenery!

1  Thank Zack H

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We visited Cambridgeshire for our ninth anniversary. My husband booked this place after reading revues in trip adviser. The place did not disappoint. We ordered a selection of starters....too many but my husband likes to try a bit if everything. The nachos were lovely, I had mussels which again were really lovely and my husband had a chorizo Yorkshire pudding which sounds odd but tasted delicious. For main my husband had ribeye steak with chunky wedges. The meat and wedges were lovely. I had a fillet steak with normal chips. We had a side of the mac n cheese with lobster in it and it was delicious. We also ordered mushrooms as a side dish and they were also lovely. We shared a dessert which was an Oreo cheesecake with orange flavoured mascarpone cheese......it was delicious although I could only manage a mouthful as I was too full up from dinner. The burgers being served upto other tables also looked really nice.....next time we comeback I will be sampling one of those!!

1  Thank Nelli8
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had two steaks and they were both perfectly cooked and tasted amazing I have had steaks at a lot of fine restaurants and this was defiantly up there with the best of them

1  Thank Neil A
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Fabulous food, never been disappointed with any thing ordered here.Lobster mac is my absolute favourite, lovely steaks and Sunday lunches-Oh and great staff too!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I visited this restaurant as a result of a Google search for 'good steaks in Cambridge' and was not disappointed! My husband and 17-year old son also enjoyed their steaks and our dining experience was enhanced by a great view of the punters on the river. Really nice restaurant with great ambiance and service. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars was because the chips/fries weren't great but that might have just been on the day! Well worth a visit as my fillet steak melted in the mouth!

1  Thank Lizzie709